For the first time I was "embarassed" of my LV's! =(

I know that people sometimes say insensitive things but they often think they're just making conversation or letting curiousity get the best of them.

I have twins, and I can't tell you how many people asked me if I had in-vitro (very personal question, especially coming from the stranger in the grocery store). Answer, "No. Never had to endure that. Why do you ask?"

Sometimes asking people why they'd ask such a question makes them think. It also helps better understand where someone is coming from. On one instance, someone's sister had twins through in-vitro and was just looking to connect about that topic.

If you love your collection, enjoy it and go happily along with your Starbucks. The only opinion that matters is your own!

:wtf::wtf:

I can't believe someone would ask you that?!?!

Being 18, I could really see a comment like that coming from another 18 year old (although I assure you guys, I would never ask such an inconsiderate question like that). Brush it off and next time you're in Starbucks you can show your bag off with pride!
ITA :yes:

I know some people have no manners I was at the nail place and was carrying my LV Alma and this girl asked "Where did you get your bag?" I said I ordered it on-line. Then she asked Is it real? I felt saying of course you dumb sh!t! but I politely replied Yes, then she said, those are really expensive right? I was like yeah. She continued on about how she's always wanted a real one and then she asked if she could see it I said sure mind you I am sitting on the spa pedicure chair and she's fondling my handbag, I was kinda nervous thought she might drop it and it would get a knick, that didn't bother me as much as when she asked if it was fake! Some people I swear!

i hate it when people are soo rude, I would NEVER ask someone that! Dont worry, and dont feel bad! Just think she noticed and remembered you, out of all those people just because of your LVs! Thats pretty cool if you ask me! xx

i think she did not have the right to ask you if it was real or not. If she noticed you bags she should have just complimented them. Don't feel bad. You know whats the truth and that indeed all your bags are real

My boss asked me that "Is that real?" question..... hmmm.... Another day he asked, after seeing me with another bag, "OMG! How many LVs do you have?"

My replies, "Hmm... (with twisted eyebrows) Yup."
To the second question, "Lots. Hmmm... Hmmm... To go with every outfit."

That shuts him up.

Please don't let those things ruin your day. I, personally, find it amusing. Some people spend on cars, clothes, makeup, jewellry, etc. I spend on bags, clothes & jewellery and of course, food!

Let other think and say what they want to say.

Maybe she's trying to make conversations but don't know how to. Well, she works in starbuck. it's hard to work up her social skill over there.... No offence.

Anyway, I don't like coffees from StarSUCKs. Don't they know how to make proper coffees?

Maybe she just didn't know a tactfull way of bringing it up. At least you know she was interested enough to notice your bags... maybe she's just a budding handbag enthusiast. :yes:

I can understand how that would make you very uncomfortable. I live in a small town where EVERYONE carries very bad fakes. A girlfriend and I try to educate people on how to tell the difference between real and fake bags, and why it's just better to wait until you can afford the real thing, even if it's gently used, than to buy a fake. Next time someone asks you if your bag is fake, tell them it's real, then show them something about yours so they can tell the difference. If they learn how to tell real from fakes, they'll be less likely to ask someone else the same question in the future. And maybe then they'll want to save up for the real thing, too! Whatever you do, never feel bad about your collection! There's nothing wrong with having good taste!

:yes: