For the Canadian Ladies out there...

FYI, they ARE indeed changing the prices. In fact, many of the up coming LE bags have already been affected by the exchange rate and thus many have been marked DOWN as compared to the prices seen in the LE book...

EDIT: just wanted to add that don't expect a massive drop in the prices...... I would HIGHLY doubt that anything would be decreased by more than 10%...... eg. THe Monogram Motard Biker that I'm waitlisted for went from 4280 to 4250$CAD... Also, I don't know about the perm collection bags/accessories, but I'd think they'd mark them down sooner or later as long as the canadian dollar maintains its current value.....

oooh glad to hear that! Thanks for posting!

I was thinking this myself...however, is everyone purchasing in the states planning on claiming their purchases at the border? These days I'm too scared to not claim things, and when I think about the gas to get there (the closest US LV to my hometown is about 1.5hrs away) and the taxes to pay once you claim it, is it really worth it?

I know some ppl mail the dust bag, cards, etc. back to themselves...but I dunno, I suppose it depends how big your purchase is to say whether or not it's worth it.

On a complete sidenote, I was in the Bloor shop yesterday, saw the Nimbus in person - and sooooo wanted to reach out and touch it. BUT i was limited on time, and was looking for a bday pres for my mom, so there was no extra time to oogle and drool. :sad:

I totally mail the stuff back to myself. AND my gfs and I go down without purses if our purpose is to buy one! :graucho:

^^ :s aww... i always like to leave my new bags in the closet to 'marinate' so taht i can take it out and sniff and molest it for awhile before i take it out to use it! :P

and speaking of which... apparently the canadian $ will do down in a month or so... and that's why i'm planning a shopping spree in seattle in a couple of weeks time!! it'd be my first trip down there!! :yahoo: not to mention there's a new juicy couture outlet opening on oct 4th!! with the BC taxes 15% i get to save at least 6% PLUS the fact that the prices itself is way cheaper in the us compared to canada...
but yeah customs are a problem apparently... HHMMM.. :hrmm:

Actually, the 13% taxes here in Vancouver is enough to stop me from purchasing LVs here. Cause the prices of LV is already high enough for a working college student like me, but adding the tax on is just way too much sometimes. Especially, when my dream bag is a Trevi = $1530 before tax and $1728.90 after tax. THAT IS ALMOST $200 in tax....

Actually, the 13% taxes here in Vancouver is enough to stop me from purchasing LVs here. Cause the prices of LV is already high enough for a working college student like me, but adding the tax on is just way too much sometimes. Especially, when my dream bag is a Trevi = $1530 before tax and $1728.90 after tax. THAT IS ALMOST $200 in tax....

14% In Ontario :hrmm:

OO I really hope they make the Canadian prices more on par -- otherwise, it sounds like alot of us are just going to buy in the US or on eBay. So if you went with two people, you could spend up to $800 over 48 hours? Hmm.... could possibly get a Neverfull or Speedy 30 ! Might want to make a trip down soon!

Ya ive been eyeing this pair of Bvlgari sunglasses for a long time now and the price on ebay is calling out to me now :P

Its great having less tax here in AB, but we're to far away from the states for a shopping trip to LV :sad: