For People Who are about to Get PS: Are you doubtful or excited?

paxsky

Dec 6, 2013
As your possible surgery date nears, are you having doubts or are you excited? Everyone seems very enthusiastic here and can't wait to get surgery.. just wondering if I'm the only one who is having second thoughts. of course this would happen after i book my flight and set up consultations...

I guess I am having mixed feelings like you. My surgery is near (less than 10 days) and I start asking myself whether it is worth it. Partially because I am financially exhausted of surgery cost but also of the risk of myself doing this without family knowing. I remember I was so excited two months ago wen my holiday was approved for surgery, but now it is a mix of anxiety and doubts.
I try to stay positive by imagining my future and talking to others. Most importantly I am trying to set low expectation so I won't be overly disappointed with the result if something goes wrong.

Reactions: miss miyu
i think most important of all is your mentality going in. Do not ever expect perfect. Expect improvements and you will find that even if results are not what you expect, if u can acknowledge it is an improvement then its much better on your emotional state

Reactions: miss miyu
I guess I am having mixed feelings like you. My surgery is near (less than 10 days) and I start asking myself whether it is worth it. Partially because I am financially exhausted of surgery cost but also of the risk of myself doing this without family knowing. I remember I was so excited two months ago wen my holiday was approved for surgery, but now it is a mix of anxiety and doubts.
I try to stay positive by imagining my future and talking to others. Most importantly I am trying to set low expectation so I won't be overly disappointed with the result if something goes wrong.
same here w/family not knowing... i told one friend who i know can keep her mouth shut and she's great person but not supportive about my trip. from the start, she has been trying to discourage me, saying that i dont' need it. her philosophy is that only people with "deformaties' should do it. showed her some before and after pictures and 80% part of the time, she likes the before pictures. i mostly showed her facial contouring pix and she's messing w/my head because she's pointing out all concerns that I had, expeciallu about zygomtic reduction which is irreversible and causes drooping and that the photos of the people who had it done look kind of plain like they lost their "edge". however it's easy for her to say because she is very attractive and doesn't need to do anything... i plan to still go to all my consultations- Everm, Dream, and Golden Ratio- because i don't want to kick myself later on... my plan now is to go to the consultations and hear what all the doctors have to say and see if they suggest the same procedures and take it from there. i decided that if i still have doubts after the consultations, i'm going to turn the trip into a just a consultation shopping/ sightseeing vacation, and go to a good skin clinic. whatever the case, I'll post my experiences at the clinics fro anyone who is interested.. .

i think most important of all is your mentality going in. Do not ever expect perfect. Expect improvements and you will find that even if results are not what you expect, if u can acknowledge it is an improvement then its much better on your emotional state
i agree with you, i'm guessing most of us on the forum are looking to get surgery to improve what we already have, and based on some people's before photos that they post here, many are already attractive but want to be even more attractive. the pursiut of beauty seems to be a powerful drive even with so much on the line...

same here w/family not knowing... i told one friend who i know can keep her mouth shut and she's great person but not supportive about my trip. from the start, she has been trying to discourage me, saying that i dont' need it. her philosophy is that only people with "deformaties' should do it. showed her some before and after pictures and 80% part of the time, she likes the before pictures. i mostly showed her facial contouring pix and she's messing w/my head because she's pointing out all concerns that I had, expeciallu about zygomtic reduction which is irreversible and causes drooping and that the photos of the people who had it done look kind of plain like they lost their "edge". however it's easy for her to say because she is very attractive and doesn't need to do anything... i plan to still go to all my consultations- Everm, Dream, and Golden Ratio- because i don't want to kick myself later on... my plan now is to go to the consultations and hear what all the doctors have to say and see if they suggest the same procedures and take it from there. i decided that if i still have doubts after the consultations, i'm going to turn the trip into a just a consultation shopping/ sightseeing vacation, and go to a good skin clinic. whatever the case, I'll post my experiences at the clinics fro anyone who is interested.. .

Hi paxsky,
I'm going to Korea next month for the consultation and plastic surgery. I would definitely wanna know how do u feel right now. I have the same feeling as you had few months ago. So did you do it?

I'm excited for an improvement (ie results) but nervous about the decision process (so hard to know if you are picking the right surgeon and method!), potential complications, and especially whether friends and family will notice.

I am a private person and don't feel comfortable telling anyone (esp since people where I'm from are conservative and largely anti PS).

How do you all plan to deal with uncomfortable questions from family and friends?

I'm actually really excited! I've been wanting plastic surgery for years and I was finally able to get my parents to support my decision, even though they strongly disagree with me getting surgery (strangely though, my mom is considering getting her eyes done with me next year :P).

There are surgeries that I've wanted in the past but after research just really isn't worth it. For the most part, I'm comfortable with my face now and I'm only looking for really minor improvements and definitely not something dramatic.

I think I'm nervous and excited at the same time. At first it seems like such a distant goal with research that I was too early. Now that it's coming, of course I have doubt. But I remember there's a reason why I've wanted this and wanted this for so long.

Hi Koreasaurus! I'm curious since you mentioned you decided against some surgeries: which procedures did you end up deciding not to do, and why did you think they weren't worth it?
Hey wishingstar! Just to note, I've never had plastic surgery before. When I first considered having plastic surgery a long time ago, I just wanted a new face lol. I seriously wanted every procedure so I can look like *insert famous celebrity here*.

I grew out of that phase though, and am glad that I did. I am for the most part happy with my face and I'm perfectly fine that my features will never be perfect even after I get plastic surgery next year.

The main surgeries I'm wanting now are just little adjustments to my eyes/nose. Back then, I was really wanting like...every reduction surgery (jaw, cheek, chin etc...) and implants here and there...and while I know all surgeries come with risks, I think any jaw reduction surgery is just way too dangerous and implants seem like high maintenance to me. So yeah I pretty much realized I don't want to look like a different person/don't want to deal with the major risks that can come with jaw reduction surgeries or future risks that may come/don't want to have to keep-up or worry about implants in my body. I don't want to come back on this forum researching on revision surgery (don't worry though, I'll come back on this forum to at least leave a review on my surgeries but that's it). I basically want to have no-maintenance surgeries and just move on with my life without having to look back/stress/worry about anything. I want to cut all ties with plastic surgery because I literally spend hours, days, years just thinking about it. That's not the type of life I want to live.

Hey wishingstar! Just to note, I've never had plastic surgery before. When I first considered having plastic surgery a long time ago, I just wanted a new face lol. I seriously wanted every procedure so I can look like *insert famous celebrity here*.

I grew out of that phase though, and am glad that I did. I am for the most part happy with my face and I'm perfectly fine that my features will never be perfect even after I get plastic surgery next year.

The main surgeries I'm wanting now are just little adjustments to my eyes/nose. Back then, I was really wanting like...every reduction surgery (jaw, cheek, chin etc...) and implants here and there...and while I know all surgeries come with risks, I think any jaw reduction surgery is just way too dangerous and implants seem like high maintenance to me. So yeah I pretty much realized I don't want to look like a different person/don't want to deal with the major risks that can come with jaw reduction surgeries or future risks that may come/don't want to have to keep-up or worry about implants in my body. I don't want to come back on this forum researching on revision surgery (don't worry though, I'll come back on this forum to at least leave a review on my surgeries but that's it). I basically want to have no-maintenance surgeries and just move on with my life without having to look back/stress/worry about anything. I want to cut all ties with plastic surgery because I literally spend hours, days, years just thinking about it. That's not the type of life I want to live.
Good for you, Koreasaurus! Sounds like the right attitude to have about it! :smile:

I have mixed feelings too and also alot of insecurities, like will it look what i want it to look and if the surgery will not have complications or after surgery recovery will go okay.

At the end of this month I'll know if i have enough money so I can plan, hope as soon as possible.
My parents were okay with it until I mentioned I would go to Korea but they have come round.
I had jaw surgery before (had an underbite and assymetrical jaw) but the result is very dissapointing they fixed the portruding issue but now my chin slanting to the left and my two sides of my faces look even more different then before (one much more broad then the other).

I really hope they can do a vline so short after my last surgery one year ago, cause im just unhappy with the way I look now, and if not I'll atleast get my nose done. I think about it a little bit every night before i go to sleep, im more worried then excited but I know if I get it all over with and it goes well I'll be finally happy with my face.

I have mixed feelings too and also alot of insecurities, like will it look what i want it to look and if the surgery will not have complications or after surgery recovery will go okay.

At the end of this month I'll know if i have enough money so I can plan, hope as soon as possible.
My parents were okay with it until I mentioned I would go to Korea but they have come round.
I had jaw surgery before (had an underbite and assymetrical jaw) but the result is very dissapointing they fixed the portruding issue but now my chin slanting to the left and my two sides of my faces look even more different then before (one much more broad then the other).

I really hope they can do a vline so short after my last surgery one year ago, cause im just unhappy with the way I look now, and if not I'll atleast get my nose done. I think about it a little bit every night before i go to sleep, im more worried then excited but I know if I get it all over with and it goes well I'll be finally happy with my face.

Aw, sorry to hear about how you were not satisfied with your results the first time! Did you get it done in America? You said you're saving up to get v-line, I am too! I don't plan on going until 2016 though because that is when I get my braces off. Do you have any clinics in mind for your v-line surgery? :smile: