For my first kelly should i- buy a vintage or a new??

I have been drooling over the Kellys at LZ too. I have one already and the decision is between getting a vintage box or new box. I have decided to get a new one..... don't ask me why, just instict, that that's the right thing in my case.

LOL. I thought she meant she was considering vintage bags with stamp years L-Z!! :shame:

Mine is 33 years old........1974!!!!!

I was hoping to get a really early one in Box but turns out the Croc is the oldest......late 50's.

I am so in love with them.............:love:

Mine is 33 years old........1974!!!!!

I was hoping to get a really early one in Box but turns out the Croc is the oldest......late 50's.

I am so in love with them.............:love:

Wow! Were you able to get some history when you got it, who it had belonged to etc?

The box on LZ has a deep scratch at the back, would this be something to be concerned about?

I WISH I had some history on them but......sadly, I don't. I have to make up stories about them!

You know Rose, personally that scratch would bother me.....KWIM?

I WISH I had some history on them but......sadly, I don't. I have to make up stories about them!

You know Rose, personally that scratch would bother me.....KWIM?

That's good to know. I don't think I could live with it. I think I am going to buy a new one, create history for my (very future) grandaughter who can say that her batty grandma owned at at the beginning of the millennium....

I just got a used C stamped Birkin that is flawless. It was the size and color I wanted and I got it immediately with no wait. I took it into Hermes and the SAs thought it was a new bag. My philosophy on bags is similar to my philosophy on cars. I have no problem getting used and prefer to save money. My view is to let someone else suffer the hundreds to thousands of depreciated value hit that occurs the minute you drive it off the lot/take it out of the store. You can get a car with less than 5000 miles on it that was maybe test driven a few times and save a ton over a new car. I feel the same way about classic flap Chanel bags. The same style bag has been sold forever and when I found Jumbo caviar classic flap bags in navy, white and black that were a few years old in great condition for $900 to $1000 I personally jumped to get those over the $1800 to $2200 that they are now in stores for the same bag. Similarly, I've never understood the need to drive the car from the zero mile mark for the pleasure of paying thousands more. I mean there are some things that ou will have no choice but to buy brand new because the color or style wasn't offered in the past...but for classic basic colors and styles that have been around for a while...my vote is for getting used and put the money saved toward a bag where you have no choice but to buy new.