For Manhattan GM Owners....

Mar 29, 2008
Like many of you, I'm always on the search for my next LV conquest. With that said, I've had my eye on the Manhattan GM for quite some time now. I know, I know -- it's discontinued, so I would have to find a preloved one. My only reservation is that vachetta strap! I'm concerned it would be an inconvenience to get in and out of the bag everytime I need something (which would be often). The Manhattan PM appears more functional, but unfortunately is not an option for me since it just isn't aesthetically pleasing compared to the GM. Do you all feel that the strap is annoying enough, making the bag less enjoyable to use?

The bag is VERY heavy, which keeps me from using it on a regular basis. The strap is also very annoying. It is the most beautiful bag though, if you can get your hands on one! All the little things wrong with the bag make up for how beautiful it is!! I often put my essentials, phone, lipgloss, etc on the two outside pockets for easy access.

I leave the strap connected and just unzip from around it if that makes sense so the strap does not annoy me that much. I love the bag and am so happy I have it. But I do not really use it a lot because it is very heavy and the holder on the strap makes a clanking sound as you carry it.

I love it! The strap is left closed on mine so I enter from either side. It can get heavy if I over load it, but I carry big bags so not a problem to me. It is so classy and stunning! I say get it :smile: I had the PM but it was too small for me.

Thank you all for your thoughts!

The general consensus sounds like this bag is heavy and most owners don't use it on a daily basis. The clinking sound would drive me nuts, too. It's such a gorgeous bag though!

Ahhh.....decisions......