For basketweave lovers only--3 generations of my favorites

kimber418

O.G.
Mar 20, 2008
Hi Ladies!

I know many of you are fans of the MA & MAM basketweaves. They have been my favorite since the beginning of RM. I thought I would share some of the old time basketweaves & linings and let you compare them with the new release of chocolate BW (my newest addition). All the bags are MA's except the new Chocolate MAM. I am the original owner of all of them. The royal blue with CC lining currently at RM in NYC getting a "handle job". I am sending my almond(?) brown MA BW in next for new handles and then on the LMB for a spa treatment! My Black BW MA was part of the special order group a few years ago. My older MA's have been well used & loved over the years. I hope you enjoy the photos!!! More photos to follow of linings!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 387
This is the fun part as you will see below!

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 125
Here are a few more photos! ENJOY!

Attachments

• IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 100
Jenny, no I have not treated any of my bags. My almond MA BW has been cleaned one time but other than that I am pretty careful not to carry in rain (in never rains in Austin) and I am obsessed with them in restaurants!!!! My Royal blue will be treated after the handles are done at RM and it goes to LMB! The shiny might be my flash?

madbrinks-it is not the bag itself~it is the handles.......if RM can't match the BW leather perfectly, I will send it to LMB to have the oil extracted. I am a hand lotion queen and it is not good to MA's!!!! Remember that. That bag has been around the block a few times
(same with the ROYAL blue MA). :smile:

Jenny, no I have not treated any of my bags. My almond MA BW has been cleaned one time but other than that I am pretty careful not to carry in rain (in never rains in Austin) and I am obsessed with them in restaurants!!!! My Royal blue will be treated after the handles are done at RM and it goes to LMB! The shiny might be my flash?

thanks kimber, i'm wondering if perhaps it is the flash. your leather just looks so shiny and mine's looking well kinda dull these days. :rolleyes: maybe i need some LMB conditioner to put on it. i was so obsessed with mine when i first got it that i used it like every day for a few months and although it still looks great i'm kinda thinking perhaps i should've apple guarded it :shrugs: I never carry mine in the rain either and i'm pretty careful with my bags too. i need to go look at mine :wlae: since i haven't used it now in awhile.

your BW collection is stunning!! :love:

Thanks Jenny! I love my Black BW-----it is a bag that always "come through" for me
and completes an outfit. Hard to explain, but when I pull it out it always makes me smile. I bought apple Brand Leather Care and Leather Cleaner but I have only used the leather cleaner a few times on my RM's ......it is a great product. I would never be without it. As far as conditioner goes, I have never got brave enough to do it and my bags all still look great. It is just a matter of the climate you are in and how "careful"
you are with your bags. In Austin the climate is always mild and I feel like just taking them out in the warm weather is a conditioner in itself!

I wouldn't have bought the Royal/Brown Basketweave MAM it weren't for the basketweave trims, I just LOVE them! The Almond is amazing! I hope I will be able to find a MAB with basketweave trim! Congrats! You have a wonderful collection of basketweave RMs!