For All Us Nj Gals......rofl!

Being Canadian, I can only relate to the Bon Jovi comment and I do remember the first time I had to pump gas and I had no idea how. I felt like an idiot when I had to get the guy at the next pump to show me.

LOL, a guy who wears fake gold chains, earrings, track suits...ugh, the track suits KILL me. :yucky: Greasy hair, greasy complexion, etc. Oh yeah, unbuttoned shirts....OMG, that's worse than the track suits..and hairy chests.

edit: and what did you think I mean...Italians? No way, New Jerseyans know Guido's come in all ethnicities.

OMG, there was one of those at the San Fransisco VA when we went in December... I didn't realize there was a NAME for them!! He had an accent too, and I thought he was from Jersey or New York... I spent nine months at Fort Mounmouth in 74... so to ME, they all have accents. But I'm sure they all thought I did too!

Saw my first snow that time too. Was pretty cool. Great place to visit as I recalled.

OMG, there was one of those at the San Fransisco VA when we went in December... I didn't realize there was a NAME for them!! He had an accent too, and I thought he was from Jersey or New York... I spent nine months at Fort Mounmouth in 74... so to ME, they all have accents. But I'm sure they all thought I did too!

Saw my first snow that time too. Was pretty cool. Great place to visit as I recalled.

Haha. This is why my BF isn't from Jersey, or Staten Island. People automatically assume he's a guido because his name is really italian and he's from Brooklyn...but I could never date a guido! Speedy, it's funny to me that people have never heard that word before! I've grown up around them lol.

Haha. This is why my BF isn't from Jersey, or Staten Island. People automatically assume he's a guido because his name is really italian and he's from Brooklyn...but I could never date a guido! Speedy, it's funny to me that people have never heard that word before! I've grown up around them lol.

Well, I was born and raised in California, but I SHOULD have known this, my first husband was Italian! But a California Italian, his family came straight from Italy to the west coast! But they DO stick out here!

I love being a Jersey Girl! And, yes, I am careful with my crazy curly hair to keep it under control and not look like an 80s Jersey Girl! Wow! Back in the day, I could use a pick on my curly hair and make it 8 inches high! I remember it hitting the roof of my car! Too funny. And, what is even funnier...in real Jersey girl style I would perm on top of my natural curl to get more height!!!!

Brings back memories from the good ole days!! I used to get so confused when I drove back and forth between PA and NJ - sometimes I didn't know if I had passed over the state line and needed to pump my own gas or not. And damn do I miss WaWas and diners.... LOL, and 609 area code girls ARE different!! I call my gf "609" whenever she gets out of control!!

That's right near where I lived! I miss the beach soooo much. I'm landlocked now :sad:

Oh, I loved the beach there! Was so different than the beaches at Santa Cruz and SF.

I remember there was a huge windstorm there and we lived in the upper half of an old two story house... the huge tree in the backyard broke from the winds and crashed into our hallway landing leading to the downstairs. Scared me to pieces.

As I remember thought, the people were nice.

You remember the stores Korvette's, Two Guys, Rickel's, Channel, Bamberger's and Orbach's.
And finally . .
You NEVER, NEVER NEVER, EVERpump your own gas.
:lol::lol::lol:

OMG, reading this was a memory jogger! I moved from NJ to CA 34 years ago...was there from age 2-6...and I remember Bamberger's! I literally haven't heard that name since I left.

My Mom (75) to this day still has never pumped her own gas. :P

I love being a Jersey Girl! And, yes, I am careful with my crazy curly hair to keep it under control and not look like an 80s Jersey Girl! Wow! Back in the day, I could use a pick on my curly hair and make it 8 inches high! I remember it hitting the roof of my car! Too funny. And, what is even funnier...in real Jersey girl style I would perm on top of my natural curl to get more height!!!!

oooh, so that's what they mean by wearing your hair really high!! I moved in Jersey in '96 from the other side of the planet, so I'm still learning (including how to pump gas)!!;)

Ok, I'm a "609 girl"....so what makes me so different? :roflmfao: I'm actually as South Jersey as you can get....all the way down in Cape May. There is such a huge difference in the personalities and mannerisms between "all three of the Jerseys!" For example: Toms River is North Jersey to me, I cannot drive in the city....too many crazy drivers:wacko: and I unfortunately don't have access to the delicious gyros and "fat subs" located at the New Brunswick Grease Trucks. :drool: And for the record, I call my girl in Hoboken when I wanna have a crazy, kicka$$ time! She's absolutely nutz!:party:

^ Oh man...I could go for a "Fat" sandwich right now from the grease trucks!

This thread has totally made me homesick even though I was just home this past weekend to celebrate Chinese New Year with my family.

I grew up in Monmouth County...proudly "central" Jersey...hehe. Point Pleasant is a short drive, and yes, lots of fond memories of the broadwalk at Seaside. I loved going for the games...seriously, saved up all of my tickets every season to redeem them at the end for some fun prizes (so cheesy, I know). In the last few years, we've been strictly LBI people.

And I definitely remember having to pump gas for the first time after I moved to the DC area. I had to ask for help and the person said, "You're from Jersey, aren't you?"

I do have to comment on the farmland thing...there are a lot of horse farms and orchards where I'm from, so to me, that's kind of true.

i remember reading all those things when i was younger and i though it was hilarious.

that's sad u guys don't consider newark part of nj =/ cause then that means i'm not part of jersey lol