For all of you who bought Peytons at the outlet...

I agree with you! They should have accounted for every change. It's not that I would not purchase either lot, but just that I feel they should disclose the history and info of their LE items. In a way, it is kind of false advertising, but also I think this kind of thing doesn't really matter to anyone other than a collector. As for collections, Coach is a bad investment anyway (at full price).

I have to admit a lot of this has turned me off a bit, partly because I am interested in LE items, so I've been looking at moving on to other brands. I'm also always torn by the outlet thing...while I love a good deal and that's what I live for, it really does tarnish the image of all the retail bags, and especially the LE ones IMHO. At least these bags did hang on for a bit longer before they were shipped to the outlets, unlike the resort totes!

I always seem to be emotionally caught between a collector's mentality and someone who just loves and buys a lot of bags. As DH said, though, if I were really a collector, I would not use any of my bags that I purchase for my "collection"...and my policy is I will NOT buy any bag that I do not use at least at some point (I rotate almost daily). There's just no motivation for me to buy something and keep it in a dust bag in the closet forever...and I don't want to display them because I like to keep the items out of light and dust free. So this is why at the end of the day, I just deal and move on...as annoying as it is! :Push:

I can definitely understand the arguments for other brands like LV, though.

This is exactly how I feel too Baglady. I am finding myself going back to my first love,:heart: LV. Although I still love Coach, these bags hitting the outlets so fast and in such quantities is just making me rethink my purchases.
I did just get a resort tote in Bloomies for 40% plus got bonus Bloomie $$ too. So I still love a good find but I am trying to cut back with Coach.:confused1:
I remember years ago I would walk into a Coach outlet and leave with nothing because they were all pretty much made for the outlet bags.

I called the Coach 800 CS today. She ABSOLUTELY DENIED that there could be any Patent Peytons with anything but BLEECKER ST LIMITED EDITION on the hangtag. She, in so many words, told me I had a fake! I do not feel like my bag is a fake. But, even though I purchased it at a great price at the outlet, I don't like how Coach is handling this situation. A couple years ago, I started buying all my bags from FP. They said Coach was doing things different and their top line bags were only going to be made in a limited amount and once they were gone...they were gone. They said these bags would not be going to outlet. I bought the Miranda, Leigh, Hamtons Vintage Satchel (Miranda sister), Gigi, etc, all from FP. Then they all ended up at the outlet. It was all a lie! My theory had been that I would rather purchase one FP bag that I loved and knew would only be in FP. After they all ended up at the outlet, I figured why pay FP or PCE??? Coach does it to themselves. I personally feel bad for those that bought at FP or PCE and got COACH ARCHIVE and then to have people like me buy the same bag for 414.99. Within the last year I have purchased an LV Speedy 35 and an LV Neverfull GM. Both have increased in price and my bags have held their value. They will NEVER end up in an outlet store. I cannot afford LV leather bags though. I love Coach and whatever bags I buy I want to buy with the intent to love and carry them. I don't like how this was handled though.

^^ Uh oh, Brahh, yeah, there's a definite firewall between CS, the boutiques and upper level...they would not have this answer! I have beaten my head against a wall many times with them over this and I also have a prototype Abbey I was trying to get info about.

I agree with you Brahh! Actually, if I didn't buy so many bags, I could afford the leather LV ones I'm looking at right now, but I guess I continue to buy Coach because I love the bags. They are beginning to slowly turn me off, though, so who knows if I will feel that way a year from now! You're right... they do everything to themselves.

I have also gotten that BS many times about once the bag is gone, it's gone. I fell for a it a lot too, and even now if there's something I have to have, I will purchase it for fear of that happening. The truth is nobody really knows, but it sometimes seems the boutiques create this sell out fear to make a sale. The honest and correct answer most of the time is "there are only X bags in stock, and we don't know if the bags will be restocked". It's just like JAX told me and other members there were only 50 or less made of the atlantic, green, and saddle Peyton...so I should backorder immediately. Well, a couple of weeks later, that stock was replenished and is apparently still going strong. I'm sure the shipments are segmented, but...

Now it will be interesting to see if the newer leather Peytons will also have the new hangtag!

Fluffy.... I hear ya! Even though I have not been buying Coach for many years as some of the ladies here have, I also remember not being able to find anything much at the outlets when I first started shopping with Coach. Again, not that I'm not happy for the deals, but sometimes it's almost frustrating because there's just too much there that I DO want to buy..and some items I just purchased about a month ago in the FP stores.

The peytons that are in outlets now came directly from the stores. I really wanted to buy one before they left but I had just gotten the atlantic peyton. My guess is they changed the hangtags since they were at the outlet.

The peytons that are in outlets now came directly from the stores. I really wanted to buy one before they left but I had just gotten the atlantic peyton. My guess is they changed the hangtags since they were at the outlet.

Obviously it's hard to get an answer about that. I don't have a problem with a different hangtag, but can't someone just be truthful! And, what about loyalty with the boutique and fp buyers??? Also, all colors are now showing on-line with the leather Peytons. They "say" they only have one Fuchsia...we'll see. Why all of a sudden put Fuchsia back on-line today if there's only one left???

I noticed that the Haversacks on E-Bay also say "Coach Archive" rather than "Bleeker Street." I guess those are part of a different batch as well.

I love the peyton, she's towards the top of my wishlist. I don't have any bags that are colors, so this is the one I was thinking of doing that with. I am hoping to find one at a great price, but I have to see what I can also clear out here first.

I love the peyton, she's towards the top of my wishlist. I don't have any bags that are colors, so this is the one I was thinking of doing that with. I am hoping to find one at a great price, but I have to see what I can also clear out here first.

I definitely recommend Peyton! She's my first coach (in red) and she's amazing.:tup:

Actually, if I didn't buy so many bags, I could afford the leather LV ones I'm looking at right now, but I guess I continue to buy Coach because I love the bags. They are beginning to slowly turn me off, though, so who knows if I will feel that way a year from now! You're right... they do everything to themselves.

That's devastating news! :wtf:

I always hoped that this time would never come. I have depended on your feedback to give us insight on the latest Coach stuff. It's been wonderfully entertaining and refreshing reading your Coach critques.

I've always hoped that tPF is sufficient unto itself in providing support, knowledge, and empowering strength in overcoming bureaucratic crap that Coach dishes out. We've learned so much here and there is power in numbers.

I see you as the nominated QueenBee of this Coach subforum hive (with GreenPixie also supporting the buzzing worker bee population) and it would not be a good thing if you just faded away.

Pleez, don't leave us! :crybaby:

I definitely recommend Peyton! She's my first coach (in red) and she's amazing.:tup:

Thanks! That's the plan is to find one. Unfortunately, I get the same answer from my outlet....they are still at the full price stores and not outlets. I want to get from the outlet, because I have a return that will help pay for a chunk of it. :sweatdrop:

Wow.. this post sure was interesting.. i havent bought a coach bag since the re release of the red patent hobo from the outlets and sure enough within a month of that it dropped 100$...

Thanks! That's the plan is to find one. Unfortunately, I get the same answer from my outlet....they are still at the full price stores and not outlets. I want to get from the outlet, because I have a return that will help pay for a chunk of it. :sweatdrop:

I called JAX yesterday, curious about all the added colors on-line, asked about the patents, and was told they still had some and I could order one! Could it be they still have some there and haven't turned loose of all of them? I'd keep calling outlet.

I called JAX yesterday, curious about all the added colors on-line, asked about the patents, and was told they still had some and I could order one! Could it be they still have some there and haven't turned loose of all of them? I'd keep calling outlet.

So were they full price that you could order or at outlet price?