Foot Spillage!!!

Onye54

Sep 12, 2013
Ok so I'm starting to get the hang off this CL addiction. Just yesterday I went into Neiman Marcus and was able to name every style of shoe they had out on the floor...it was like I learned a new language...I was so shocked at myself! Anywhoot!...I'm still a noob with my weebly 2 pairs of Cls but as I'm starting to collect more I'm realizing that with my wide feet the side of my foot sorta spills out on the sides. Not like playdoh but just kind of there (like slightly stretching the shoes sideways) and you can see it. Is there anyway of stretching CLs sideways so it doesn't have that weird effect? Or will that damage the shoes?

It really isn't that bad but since I've only worn my CLs to go clubbing when I'm dancing about by the end of the night I realize the sides of my foot are rubbed raw from the friction of my shoes. My toes and my heels are just fine its just the side.

Please help me lovely experienced CL people of PF! :cry:

P.S: If there is a thread already for this I apologize..give me the noob pass.

Melissa.

Oct 14, 2013
I have wide feet as well and experience the same problem with certain styles especially when the shoes are brand new. Over time they should start to stretch out in width a little. I'd suggest the rubbing alcohol stretching method to make the leather a little more pliable as I find that stretching width aggressively can potentially cause damage to the leather by tearing it slightly. I've seen this happen personally so be very careful and do it slowly. In the meantime if it is causeing chafing against the side of your feet then try some sort of blister prevention lubricant that you can purchase from any drug store.

nancypants

O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
i have wide feet too and there's no way around it. it'll stretch out in time but keep in mind, the sole width isn't going anywhere and only the top gets wide. be careful tho, as the sides can detach from the sole part and your pinky toe can get wedged in between that space and give you mean blisters. i'll post a picture of what my shoe guy did for my VP's.

Onye54

Sep 12, 2013
I have wide feet as well and experience the same problem with certain styles especially when the shoes are brand new. Over time they should start to stretch out in width a little. I'd suggest the rubbing alcohol stretching method to make the leather a little more pliable as I find that stretching width aggressively can potentially cause damage to the leather by tearing it slightly. I've seen this happen personally so be very careful and do it slowly. In the meantime if it is causeing chafing against the side of your feet then try some sort of blister prevention lubricant that you can purchase from any drug store.

i have wide feet too and there's no way around it. it'll stretch out in time but keep in mind, the sole width isn't going anywhere and only the top gets wide. be careful tho, as the sides can detach from the sole part and your pinky toe can get wedged in between that space and give you mean blisters. i'll post a picture of what my shoe guy did for my VP's.

I have a wide feet too and well... Can't really do something about it :sad: With certain styles I can notice it and with others it seems that the problem doesn't exist...

Yeah I'm really worried about the rubbing alcohol trick...I don't want to ruin my shoes. I just went to the store and got some of the blister protection spray thing whatever that you spray on your feet prone to blisters...hopefully that will help!

I contemplated going to the cobbler but I being a CL noob am still very untrusting of the cobbler here in Honolulu so I don't know yet about that. I'm still trying to figure out my CL size and the styles that make my feet have that spill effect. Trial and Error I suppose. Luckily people are so busy staring at the soles to really notice!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2008
I have wide feet as well and this thread was quite helpful: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin/cls-for-wide-feet-530354.html

My advice is to work out which styles suit your feet as he does make some shoes wider than others.

Ones that are wider in my experience are:
Architek
Jenny
Greissimo
Bianca
Ron Ron
Declic
Maggie
Pigalle 100
Yolanda

Styles that are too narrow for me:
Very Prive/No Prive/Hyper Prive
Pigalle 120
Lady Claude
Decollete but I wear them anyway haha

Onye54

Sep 12, 2013
I have wide feet as well and this thread was quite helpful: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin/cls-for-wide-feet-530354.html

My advice is to work out which styles suit your feet as he does make some shoes wider than others.

Ones that are wider in my experience are:
Architek
Jenny
Greissimo
Bianca
Ron Ron
Declic
Maggie
Pigalle 100
Yolanda

Styles that are too narrow for me:
Very Prive/No Prive/Hyper Prive
Pigalle 120
Lady Claude
Decollete but I wear them anyway haha

Oh wow thank you so much for your help! I have the Maggie but those are the ones that seem to really having foot spillage (I really don't know what to call it). I'm awaiting my pair of Estanodo 120 so maybe booties will help with my heel slippage!