Food Food Glorious Food !!!!

Jan 23, 2006
My diet is as follows :

I dont eat red meat, or Fish ,shell fish, or Dairy
I dont drink soda or spirits. I never eat fast food of any kind or white bread.

However, I love vegetables, (no cucumbers ) rice, (brown ) and fruit (not srawberries,watermelon or Pears. )

I love chicken cooked anyway preferably spicy. I love salads, baked potatoes, home made soups,stews & chicken pot pies. :love:

So, what foods do you eat or not ?

Um, I like pretty much anything and everything :shame: But I try to stick to a healthier diet, like oatmeal, seafood (salmon, tilapia, shrimp), low fat cheese, tuna, chicken, turkey, veggies, fruit, nuts, olive oil, white or red wine, tons of water, and the once-daily diet soda :shame:

My indulgences are my grandmother's Cuban cooking, Southern food like fried catfish, biscuits and sausage gravy, meatloaf, etc., cheesecake, brownies, margaritas and other girlie frozen drinks :P

Ooh, forgot to add skim milk and whole grain bread to my list. I probably drink 3-4 glasses of milk a day :shame:

I'm usually pretty healthy and am a flexitarian. I eat mostly veggies, nuts, fruit, dairy, chicken breasts, and salmon (my favorite) with some whole wheat pasta and breads. I usually cook all sorts of dishes from all around the world for myself everyday. I love foods with intricate and deep flavors, especially spicier dishes.

Then one weekend every month or so if I get really bored, I tend to bake like crazy then pig out on cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, muffins, etc.

I rarely eat out anymore, but when I do it is for gourmet sandwiches/paninis, filet mignon, and sushi.

I only drink water and tea without anything added to it.

I don't drink soda. It just tastes weird to me. Seem with milk. I usually drink juices and water. I love Poland Spring. Yumminess. hehe I like to eat Italian food. My weaknesses, though, would be nachos and cheekcake. I love icecream, too, but not chocolate. I love desserts. Anything else, I could take or leave. hehe

I don't drink sodas...just water, mineral water, coffee and wine (of course).

I'm pretty omnivorous, and a "foodie" (enjoy trying new restaurants and recipes when I have time to cook) but have found I feel my best when I avoid sugar and white flour. To me, a meal isn't complete without fresh fruit or veggies. I eat a lot of salads. I avoid foods with sugar substitutes as well. Probably my biggest food vice is cheese, I love it!

I think the topic should be changed to Food Healthy Food!

I'll be (honest) brave and be the first one to admit to eating comfort food and something other than the totaly healthy food y'all have listed above. I love hot chewy fresh from the oven Chocolate chip cookies, all deserts with chocolate, chips and salsa or quesa, hot bread with real butter, buttered popcorn at the movies, Rocky Road icecream in a waffle cone, pasta - all kinds just love it, French Onion soup on a cold day, Omelets with cheese, mushrooms & spinach, cold ceral for breakfast and creamy peanut butter! I only drink bottled water, tea and skim milk so that's not very excitig or fun to think about.

well. depends if I'm a vegetarian at the momen or not. I was one for over a year, then I stopped and now I am again.:-P

I enjoy healthy foods ( fruits, veggies, chickpeas, cottage cheese) but I eat junk food all the time because it's comforting. and I'm a stressed out little person.

i love french onion soup and popcorn and i think i am addicted to cheese, i eat tons of salad but also have a weakness for penne vodka pizza i love italian food in general, i hate sausages (which is ironic bc my family owns a huge sausage factory lol they are ready to disown me) i hate all types of seafood, peppers and raw onions. i love tomatoes, and occasionally i have a craving for mcdonalds fries. oh and my favorite of alllll time is my grandmothers sauerbraten nothing like sauerbraten and spatzle on a fall day yum....

I love all kinds of foods except fast food, sodas, candy, and all of the other things mom told us not to eat. I also avoid highly glycemic foods like potatoes and refined starches. And I prefer fruits to fruit juices.

I particularly like lamb, whitefish and sole, asparagus, artichoke hearts and spinach. And I cook nearly all of our meals from scratch.

I'm with Inky! I love unhealthy food like Schnitzel with spicy cream sauce and home made fries. I love to go to good restaurants (french, italian, spanish, bavarian, austrian japanese). I like Sushi. I drink water mixed with 100% juice. I really hate artificial sweatner, cole and bananas. I'm not so into veggies. My meat and sausages have to come from a good butcher not supermarket. I'm funny with it. All my unhealthy food has to quality food (no fast food crap).

I love to cook! Food is glorious and an artform as far as I am concerned. The only difference is the transitory nature of each plate!

Things I stay away from: Fast food, Soda, Caffeinated drinks (asides from green and white tea).

Things I love: Cage-free, Free-roaming, hormone-free foods, whether it is eggs, chicken, cattle, it must be free and natural. It is healthier, contains more nutrients. I don't care whether it's fish or whatnot

Organic fruits and vegetables
Farmer's markets

From that I create a lot of dishes: my current favorite dish is a salmon en papillote, salt-cod with a mango salsa. I cook everything from korean to arabic to norwegian food. My hubby says that I should open a restaurant, but I think if I did, I'd just get fat!

well...i eat like a college student, lol. i love me some papa johns pizza. the one here has $5 large one-topping on tuesday nights. the line waiting for pickup on tuesdays stretches waaaaay out in to the parking lot.

but usually, i try to eat soup with brown rice and chicken for lunch and then whatever my boyfriend makes for dinner - usually a pork chop or steak with vegetables. he's veeeeeery southern, so we eat more traditional meat-and-potatoes stuff because he usually cooks. his parents plant a big garden every year and we have a deep freezer in the basement with a bunch of their stuff. oddly enough, we're also big fans of homemade quesadillas.

in all honesty, though, i adore fast food. if it comes in a foil wrapper, i'm all about it. i wish i could say that it grossed me out or that i thought it tasted bad, but i'm a child of the suburbs and it's what i grew up on. that and chinese food buffets - i'm a sucker for some crab rangoon.

i can also plow through a 6-pack a day of diet coke, easily. usually by the time i make it to my 9 a.m. class, i'm on my second can, and i won't stop until right before i go to bed. if i'm going anywhere in my car, even if it's to the post office down the street, grabbing a can of diet coke is as natural to me as grabbing my keys. if i run out of it, i get horrible headaches. if i'm holding an unopened can or bottle and can't open it until i sit down (or something) my mouth gets dry as a bone until i can take the first sip. i am fully addicted, and it's kind of scary. my mouth got dry now as i wrote that.

mostly i do try to eat healthily, though, because i feel better physically and mentally when i do. but the temptation to deviate from that is huge. writing it out like that helps, though, because i was completely honest with you guys when usually i'm not completely honest with myself about it.

time to start that diet again.

I try to stay away from fast/fried foods. Dh and I only eat out about once a month. Other than that I try to eat alot of lean protien and lots of fruits and veggies (except tomato's I hate tomato's!!).