Food for thought!!! Re: FAKES!!!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
I know that alot of us Coach TpF members think that we cannot be fooled by fake Coach merchandise, and I'm sure in 99% of cases this is true.

I just wanted to post this because I think there are alot of new members, and we all just need to be reminded to be cautious when buying online. The brutal truth of this posting is that once upon a time I DID purchase a couple of knock-off's (bad me) and it was years ago. I'm going to post 2 pictures at the end of this thread to let you ALL know that there are fakes items out there that can easily pass for authentic, and therfore we must be CAREFUL.

This is NOT to promote FAKE Coach, but rather to remind you to keep your guard up!!! If these would have been listed as authentic 1 year ago even when I thought I had alot of Coach knowledge, they would have fooled me!!! :nuts:

BOTH OF THE PICTURES LISTED BELOW ARE FAKE/FAUX COACH ITEMS THAT I OWNED AND INSPECTED MYSELF. THEY ARE SO CLOSE TO "THE REAL THING" THAT IT'S SCARY!!!

I just want everyone to keep in mind these pictures next time you are going to bid on an item, and have that little gut feeling that something isn't right. Listen to that feeling!!!!!! :smile:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 238
I knew they were fake when I bought them. My cross to bear!!! It was before I knew better, over 2 years ago!!! I just thought I'd post this cautionary tail to help out others. There were a few small detais, like the creed wouldn't have been in the small cosmetic case, and the stitching on both creed's was not the best. I learned my lesson quickly and now it's AUTHENTIC COACH or nothing!!!!

Due to that, I am VERY scared to buy a Coach online :faint: Sometimes I look at the bay listings and really wish I could get my hands on the items but I'll starting getting all paranoid, wondering if they are totally real or just fake.

I don't want to SCARE everyone. Just be smart by doing things like paying with Paypal & credit card so that you ARE protected! If you have ANY doubt put the listing in the AUTHENTICATE THIS COACH thread and listen to what the other members have to say! Make sure that there IS a picture of the creed clearly so that you can see things like the detail of the stitching. I just thought with all the new members, it would be a GOOD TIME to remind TpF members to keep their guard up. Sometimes we get too comfortable and just start clicking away!! KWIM?!

thanks for sharing these pictures... i think it's really brave of you to own up to having bought fakes in the past so that others can learn from what you experienced... i saw a gorgeous travel bag on ebay the other day and i so wanted it to be real that i almost hurt... it was the first time that i was almost tempted to get a fake but i had to keep telling myself that even the best fake pales in comparison to the real thing once you get the bag in hand and own it over time... it really lets you know how savvy the bootleggers are getting...

it's SUPER cool that you are now a real coach devotee!!!

I knew they were fake when I bought them. My cross to bear!!! It was before I knew better, over 2 years ago!!! I just thought I'd post this cautionary tail to help out others. There were a few small detais, like the creed wouldn't have been in the small cosmetic case, and the stitching on both creed's was not the best. I learned my lesson quickly and now it's AUTHENTIC COACH or nothing!!!!

i actually have the cosmetic case and i got it at the outlet about a year ago. it was the last one they had. it is VERY close. the only two big differences are like you said, mine doesn't have a creed inside but also, the part right next to the zipper inside is dark brown on mine, not off white. my hangtag is also a different color. it's amazing how close it is though so that if anyone just saw pictures of the outside, probably wouldn't know unless they compared side to side with a real one.

I bought two fake keyfobs a few years ago before I really knew Coach. Since then, I have spent a lot of time even just browsing in the boutique or outlet so I know the differences now. I also find it somewhat helpful to read some of the eBay guides on detecting fake Coach.

i actually have the cosmetic case and i got it at the outlet about a year ago. it was the last one they had. it is VERY close. the only two big differences are like you said, mine doesn't have a creed inside but also, the part right next to the zipper inside is dark brown on mine, not off white. my hangtag is also a different color. it's amazing how close it is though so that if anyone just saw pictures of the outside, probably wouldn't know unless they compared side to side with a real one.

You got a fake at a Coach outlet?!?!?!?