Fontanetes

minks

Always Shopping
O.G.
Jul 31, 2007
I would love a pair of Fontanetes in leather not suede, but I have not seen any that really suit me. Other than black, nude/beige, purple, and fuchia, has anyone seen any other colors? TIA!!!!

In Melbourne (Australia) there is a dept store that stocks fontanetes in patent leather with sparkles (grease paint??). They got black, fuschia, and cream colour. So I am guessing there should be some in the US as well? somewhere?

Oooh! They sound pretty. I think I saw the black greasepaint ones on here somewhere, but fuchia and cream greasepaints sound right up my alley. Thanks!!!

In Melbourne (Australia) there is a dept store that stocks fontanetes in patent leather with sparkles (grease paint??). They got black, fuschia, and cream colour. So I am guessing there should be some in the US as well? somewhere?

WOW! That sounds nice. I don't think we have any of that in the US! I hate that different countries get different things. I get so jealous of the ladies overseas sometimes.

The fontantes come in the following materials/colors that I know of...

suede: black, plum, fuchsia, taupe, lilac
leather: fuchsia, black, taupe
python: pink/rose and aqua/blue
grease paint: beige w/ silver heel, red w/ silver heel, and black w/ silver heel

As an aside, I got the raspberry pink python fontanetes from Saks today and they are not cute IMO. I'm returning them on Saturday to Saks in Troy, MI if anybody is interested. They are a size 40. For some reason, the python looks cheap to me and for nearly $1230 including tax they should not. None of my other pythons look like this. I swear Saks got some cheap python. haha If anybody wants me to post photos, let me know. I didn't even think they were worthy of that though. LOL

I will post photos of the grease paint in a minute.

fontanteblksilver.jpg

Ahhh I don't even know if I want to take them out of the box, but for you Eleni, I will. haha

Those grease paint fontanetes are all available at CL Beverly Hills. The number is 310 247 9300.

Oh, and no I didn't end up getting any of them. I'm not 100% on the grease paints. I think they are beautiful, but I have so many pairs that I have to be a bit choosy right? haha

Edit: I'm going to NM on Saturday so I'm a bit intrigued to see if the python fontanetes that NM have are better quality. The stock photos I saw from Saks and from the boutiques made the shoes look gorgeous and what came to me today was not. I'm also interested to see if the fontanetes from the boutique is better, but I think Kamilla said it wasn't.

I only have a 4 pairs of python shoes, which include python roccia NPs w/ burg tip and heel, black python simples, bronze python very prives, and python roccia simples, BUT they look nothing like the python "LAME" I have been getting from Saks.com. LOL