Follow up to "Well, I finally did it!"

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. To everyone who read and replied to the original message, I am both surprised and humbled. What a passionate community you guys have here. Anyways, thank you for the kind words. Despite the favor I have earned with you guys, I am probably still the luckier one of the two of us.

My wife received her bag over the weekend. There was an elaborate scheme to get her to the Hermes store, where her friend and the sales associate helped with the surprise. I believe she is still in a bit of shock. In my head, it's only a bag - albeit a ridiculously expensive one for which I will be paying for probably for the rest of my life. But I guess it's more than a bag. And yes, I have been familiarized with the eloquent line from "Sex and the City."

To Hermes' credit, I don't think I have ever received better customer service when purchasing a luxury good. When I bought stuff from LV, I may as well have been invisible. Chanel was much kinder, but nothing like the folks over at Hermes.

2. OINKSTER........... I'm so happy it worked out for you. It must have been so exciting for you to get her into the Hermes Store and surprise her. You are a wonderful husband, and especially to be so sensitive to the fact that many women consider it........."more than a bag"! :urock:

3. What a fabulous story and thank you for sharing it with us! You are a "prince", to give
    her the "dream bag"!! It is very, special and love the way you surprised her. I know
    you made her feel like a true princess! So wonderful to hear of the superb service
    that you received from "H"!

4. Wonderful Story-- Good on you!!
    Glad you had good experiencein the H store.
    So very thoughtful!!

5. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story. So sweet of you to give your wife the bag of her dreams :heart:!

6. Way to go - really its a better purchase than fur or fancy jewelry - this is something she will wear every day, and they are not easy to get - so kudos for all your work.......

7. Thank you for the follow-up! I'm so glad you had such a good H experience & that your wife was so pleased. :tup:

8. It will be worth it every time you see your DW carrying her beautiful Birkin and her huge smile. What a sweetie you are.

9. Love a happy ending!

10. That's what I call a plan.. good for you and something that

many "husbands" can learn from... :yahoo::yahoo:

11. you DW leads a happily ever after with you as a thoughful DH! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

12. What a lovely story! :tender:

13. Congratulations! I am so glad that you found the dream bag, and that she was happy!

14. Love this story! Lucky wifey!!!

15. what a wonderful post :smile: lucky wife for having such a wonderful husband and lucky you too, she must be some wife for you to be so sweet to her