Follow Up on my repaired Montsouris Gm

ivyvid

Feb 16, 2015
So as some of you might have came across my previous thread about my newly repaired louis vuitton bag which is the montsouris gm which was repaired by Louis Vuitton, I am updating about the strap keeper of the bag. If you haven't seen my previous thread, here is the link...

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-newly-repaired-louis-vuitton-bag.958253/

So Louis Vuitton wasn't able to replace just the strap keeper ( need to replace the whole leather where it is in but my date code is stamped there so I don't want it to be replaced because they will not re stamp the date code. It really kind of turn me off and so I thought of ways to make it look better I guess...From covering it with silver thread to painting it...
And low and behold...here it is!!!
IMG_1484770588.306658.jpg

From this

IMG_1484770612.326464.jpg

Who wants to know what and how I did it?[emoji38]

Reactions: Acctt
Thank you Mods for moving this thread...

Okay so any ladies want to know how I did it? Took about 15 minutes for me to replace it because I was really really careful about it and got the leather from ebay[emoji4]

You did it yourself? it looks great!

Thank you. Yes I did...
I was looking at vachetta leathers at ebay and came across this seller, mcraftleather! She is so amazing and was able to send me some leather .This is almost identical to Louis Vuitton's, a tad narrower but no one can tell[emoji4] She also gave some thread to use though the thread was yellower than the one Louis Vuitton uses. She has items made from vachetta leathers too like straps and tassels that can be use on louis vuitton's bags. Here's a piece of the leather...

IMG_1484944308.700281.jpg

I didn't really need to use the thread because when I tried removing the old strap keeper, which ended up breaking, a staple was used!
I forgot to take photo of it before using it to the leather but it almost looked like thisIMG_1484944109.711818.jpg

The old leather broke so I was able to just unfold both sides of the staple and straighten it up with a plier. It's a heavy duty one and thick so I was also careful that I might ended up with punctured fingers[emoji38]
Here's the old leather strap keeper...IMG_1484944274.801008.jpg

I first put one side of the staple on the leather, used the plier to fold it in then put the leather around the leather where the old one was then close it with the other side of the staple using the plier. It was better to put a little hole on the leather where the staple will be rather than trying to poke a hole using the staple itself. I used the tip of a tiny scissor. So after making the loop, i turned it around like how it was supposed to be and tada!
So happy I was able to do it and now will be able to enjoy the bag better[emoji8]

Thank you. Yes I did...
I was looking at vachetta leathers at ebay and came across this seller, mcraftleather! She is so amazing and was able to send me some leather .This is almost identical to Louis Vuitton's, a tad narrower but no one can tell[emoji4] She also gave some thread to use though the thread was yellower than the one Louis Vuitton uses. She has items made from vachetta leathers too like straps and tassels that can be use on louis vuitton's bags. Here's a piece of the leather...

View attachment 3580471

I didn't really need to use the thread because when I tried removing the old strap keeper, which ended up breaking, a staple was used!
I forgot to take photo of it before using it to the leather but it almost looked like thisView attachment 3580466

The old leather broke so I was able to just unfold both sides of the staple and straighten it up with a plier. It's a heavy duty one and thick so I was also careful that I might ended up with punctured fingers[emoji38]
Here's the old leather strap keeper...View attachment 3580470

I first put one side of the staple on the leather, used the plier to fold it in then put the leather around the leather where the old one was then close it with the other side of the staple using the plier. It was better to put a little hole on the leather where the staple will be rather than trying to poke a hole using the staple itself. I used the tip of a tiny scissor. So after making the loop, i turned it around like how it was supposed to be and tada!
So happy I was able to do it and now will be able to enjoy the bag better[emoji8]
Bravo!:tup::love:

Reactions: ivyvid
I love mcraft leather and have purchased a vachetta crossbody strap, vachetta wrist strap, Ebene wrist strap, and vachetta tassel. Looks perfect with my bags and slgs! Quick shipping and good communication

Reactions: ivyvid
Hi ivyvid,
Love love love your Montsouris gm. I have mm and I'd love to know what the whole process in getting it repaired? Did you go to your local store? I bought mines last year from a reputable Japan seller. It is still in pretty good shape except for some visible watermarks. I love to know how to get it repaired if I decide to one day?

Hi ivyvid,
Love love love your Montsouris gm. I have mm and I'd love to know what the whole process in getting it repaired? Did you go to your local store? I bought mines last year from a reputable Japan seller. It is still in pretty good shape except for some visible watermarks. I love to know how to get it repaired if I decide to one day?

Hello Bree,

I actually have another post which titled " My newly repaired Louis Vuitton bag ". I don't know how to put the link using the app so you can just search it by the title and it will pop out[emoji4]