Foley + Corinna City Tote as a bag for school?

themodernage

Jul 21, 2008
Hey guys! :smile:

So I've been on the lookout for a new school bag for quite a while.
I always have my MacBook with me, a few books and a ring binder for my notes.

I've fallen in love with the Foley + Corinna City Tote. But the only way of buying it is online, as I live too far away from a dealer. So I can't really judge the quality of the leather - how strong it is and so on.

So can a Foley + Corinna City Tote be used as a bag for school? Or is it too delicate? If you have any other suggestions for a schoolbag, I'm all ears! :smile:

Thank you!

I have F+C clutch and it has the most beautiful leather ever, and it's white and I did not get -any- stain on it and I am not easy on my bags,

at my college I saw a couple girls wearing F+C tote and it looked really nice, my only problem would be the handles, I think they are not that strong,

you can always find deals and sales on F+C on shopbop or lunaboston

for school I always use either Marc by marc jacobs nylon pretty tote, my burberry nylon tote (gorgeous by the way), or just some random tote I get from tjmaxx.

hope this helps :biggrin: and good luck

Thanks for the answer! I hadn't even thought about the handles.. That could really be a problem!
Yeah a tote could be a good idea. I just really want it to be in leather though, because the weather here is so unpredictable. :smile:

Thanks for the feedback! :smile:

I have a F+C City Tote and I LOVE it!!:heart: I use it for a laptop bag a lot. The size is great and the bag itself is super smooshy. I can't say enough nice things about it.

If you plan on using Foley + Corinna City Tote for many years--I don't think this is the right bag for you. Although I like the look a lot I find the quality average.

I have a Foley and Corinna city tote and I love it! I've been using it about twice a week and i've had it over a year. I do make sure I use a leather conditioner quite often to keep it looking new.

I have the mini city. Fantastic leather, but I think it's a pretty delicate bag. The loops for the longer strap had a little break in the leather when I got it. It doesn't seem to have gotten bigger over time, but I don't carry any heavy things in it. And the knots at the end of the double handles are always coming loose on my bag. So if they came apart, and you had your laptop, then :nogood:

i have about two and they are great
the leather is very supple and durable
they can take alot of abuse
get one
there always oping u p everywhere try ebay or even craiglist

Thanks for all the feedback!
I am definitely looking for a bag that can last for many years - especially for that price. I plan on using it everyday for school, so I really need a strong bag.

There's mixed reviews of the Foley + Corinna bag, but I don't think it would work for my needs with the handles. That would be too big a gamble.
Do you guys have any other suggestions for a good schoolbag? :smile: