Focus Groups???

guccimamma

guccimamma
Aug 8, 2006
I read on another thread about doing focus groups for extra cash. Somebody mentioned Craigslist...so i answered one on craigslist.

it turned out to be a referral to some kind of Focus Group registry service (of course they want you to pay for a membership) so it was not actually for the advertised group. scam!!

how do you find the "real" focus groups, and not be contacted by scammers. do they pay you when you participate?

Mar 8, 2006
Desperately Seeking Deals
I participated in a focus group recently. I was approached at the movies, and was pre-screened to see if I qualified. They were looking for people with children of a certain age group. I then went to their offices one evening, heard about the movie, gave my opinions, and they paid $75 cash. They had a nice spread of food, and the whole thing took about 2 hours. I have also done this years ago....
When I left, I gave them my info, and told them that I would be interested in doing it again...so far I haven't heard from them.

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
I actually have found all my focus groups through Craig's List. Maybe you can see if you have Greenberg Studios or Focus Forward in your area, that's who usually contacts me.

I found the groups in the "Etc." section of Craig's List. I usually get $100-150 for each group, and each session is usually 2 hours.