Foam inside LV handbag?

purse12345

Mar 2, 2010
When you purchase a new LV handbag from the boutique, does it ever come with a piece of foam inside to shape the bag?

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
No, in fact I just bought a new Monogram Neverfull MM a few weeks ago and have just now gotten the fold mark out of it because the boutique stored it folded flat in a drawer.

jayd23

O.G.
Oct 21, 2009
not a handbag but my porte documents voyage gm came with several air pillows.

BankOnIt

Jan 3, 2009
NYC
I've had a handbag come with air pillows as well - my Boetie MM (which, IMO, didn't really need the air pillows to begin with). I think the SA might have forgotten to remove them, but I use them in my Speedy to help keep its shape when not in use.

purse12345

Mar 2, 2010
when i bought my LV handbag, it came with a piece of foam inside. is this something that I should be concerned about?

Chanticleer

LV=My Bliss
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Chesapeake Bay country
My popincourt haut from louisvuitton.com came with a piece of "tented" cardboard in it and I keep it in there to preserve the shape of the bag when it is in it's dustbag.

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
When you purchase a new LV handbag from the boutique, does it ever come with a piece of foam inside to shape the bag?
YES! It does. I bought a Monty GM in January and it came with a huge piece of foam curved inside the bag. It is perfect for maintaining its shape!

brittyn

Apr 10, 2008
Newport Beach, Ca.
Also, I bought two Totally MM's one in Feb and one this month (March) at the LV boutique and they both came with the cardboard inside to keep its shape.

purse12345

Mar 2, 2010
i bought the monty. that makes me feel better knowing that others have bought them with foam. after reading the thread about getting fake LV bags from an actual LV boutique, im starting to get paranoid at every little thing now. thanks everyone for answering.

sarahsar

O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
USA
My Monty GM came with a piece of foam. I wish I hadn't thrown it out, because it would have been nice to use for keeping the bag's shape while storing it.