Flying with my Speedy 35 and a laptop

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just found out that I am going on a business trip in a couple of weeks and 1. I haven't flown on a plane in a while. 2. My speedy 35 is new so I definitely haven't been on a plane with it.

I need to carry my laptop with me and it will not fit into my speedy 35. My question is do you think they will let me carry my speedy and a laptop bag onto the plane? It's a domestic flight. My laptop bag the size of a messenger bag but it goes on my shoulder. We all know what a Speedy 35 looks like, I also have the strap that I can wear to make it cross-body. Will they let me carry both on the plane?

What do you all think?

2. Yes, you are allowed 1 carryon and 1 personal item so your speedy will be your personal item and your messenger will be your carryon.

3. You should be fine. I travel with my Speedy 40 and Tadao as carry-ons all the time. The Speedy is considered a personal item while the Tadao holding my laptop is counted as my carry-on. You can also call your airline to confirm if you have any doubts.

4. You should be fine. If I am going on a small plane, I try to be at the boarding lineup early, so I make sure I can fit my stuff where I want it. You don't want to take your chances that they'll make you "valet-check" your speedy.

5. of course, call the airline to verify but i flew out of BWI last week to Las Vegas with my Speedy 40 as my handbag and my Kipling laptop case as my carry on. Actually, both fit under the seat in front of me.

6. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! I just wanted to be sure :smile:

7. If you are flying JetBlue they will charge you extra if you do that- thats what they did to me.
    Southwest is the best- they allow you to have a personal item and a carry-on.

This is airline dependent

8. you should be allowed a carry on and a personal item, what airline are you flying?

9. This is what I recommend. Fold the Speedy down like they do in the boutiques, put it in the dustbag and then inside the laptop bag. I've done this before travelling by train.

Don't worry about hurting the Speedy, it was meant to be packed down like that. :smile: