Fluffy Hair

kwealzliy

purse-a-holic
Mar 14, 2010
DC
Do you ladies have recommendations for sulfate-free shampoo that won't burn a hole in my pocket?

I have long hair, but the problem is that it always looks so weighed down and I am guessing because of the build up in my hair. Please let me know if I am wrong.

My hair has changed drastically from how it used to be. I still have fairly thick hair, but it gets oily within 2 days after washing it. Sometimes 1 1/2 days it will be oily and it is unbearable. So what I am hoping is that the sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner will help me out with the oilyness and give me some volume! :smile:

Thanks in Advance

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
The opposite for most people actually. People complain that sulfate free doesn't lift dirt and oil as the sudsy sulfate kind.
Do you use a clarifier every week or 2? This removes build up from water and products.

That said, I like the Coppolla sulfate free line, but it doesn't clean better than anything else. I only use it when I have a recent Brazilian Blowout.

ByeKitty

Literally amazing!
May 8, 2010
Europe
It sounds like your hair has gotten used to (too?) regular washes.
I would advice you to use as little shampoo as possible, because shampoo dries out the hair and scalp and it makes your scalp produce grease more quickly to restore a protective layer. I used to put shampoo in twice everytime I showered because I also have long, thick hair, but once works just as well, and doesn't dry my hair out as much.
Some people, mainly hippies, don't use shampoo at all, but I don't think I could do that :lol:

Have you ever tried using dry shampoo? It freshes up your hair between washes and it adds volume! I use it to make the "waiting time" more bearable, because I wash my hair twice a week max.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I like that one pretty well too, except it makes mine feel oily earlier than my others.