Flower Hobo - DO NOT BUY

carolinelois

May 8, 2019
This has happened in less than a year. LV are not interested in the slightest. So so disappointed in the brand. This is a terrible design, had I know I would not have purchased. That will teach me to buy something new out. I'll never purchase from LV again.

Attachments

• Luis Vuitton Bag.jpg
    Luis Vuitton Bag.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 1,754
This has happened in less than a year. LV are not interested in the slightest. So so disappointed in the brand. This is a terrible design, had I know I would not have purchased. That will teach me to buy something new out. I'll never purchase from LV again.
I’m sorry this has happened to your bag. If you purchased less than a year ago, Louis Vuitton should proceed with an exchange. That’s usually how they proceed. You should return to the store and speak with someone else.

It is well documented on this forum that bags with folded canvas corners are to avoid at all cost. Let’s hope this thread will serve as an additional warning.

Thank you for your help. The Manager of the Leeds store was just not interested. He just kept repeating, it's the soft material design, it's the envelope design of the corners. I've emailed Customer Services and they have responded to say there is nothing they can do as it's the stores discretion. I asked the store Manager if there was any escalation and he said no as I'm the Manager.
I'm thinking maybe try another store to see if I get a better Manager!

Thank you for your help. The Manager of the Leeds store was just not interested. He just kept repeating, it's the soft material design, it's the envelope design of the corners. I've emailed Customer Services and they have responded to say there is nothing they can do as it's the stores discretion. I asked the store Manager if there was any escalation and he said no as I'm the Manager.
Yes, try another store.

This is a terrible design, had I know I would not have purchased.
As fab said, the bags with the folded corners are known to have problems just like yours. My bag had folded corners, as well, and the same thing started happening with the corners. I no longer have that bag, as the canvas started cracking in other spots, so I exchanged it for a different bag.

It is such a lazy design choice on their side. I hope you'll get your money back.

The folded corners wouldn't be such a problem if they were reinforced with leather patches. They've done that in the past, but they don't bother now. Why should they when people buy the bags without giving it a second thought? Plus, if they reinforced the corners with leather patches, they'd end up charging $500 to $700 more for the bag, which probably makes them a more difficult buy for a lot of people.

Leeds is a tiny store with not much inventory. Go to any of the London stores and I'm pretty sure they will take better care of you there. The bigger the store the higher the chances of a manager having encountered a similar problem before and hence more likely to respond to your issue more effectively. I'm not sure if they have reopened bond st yet, but Sloane st is always peaceful and quiet with really nice staff. I wouldn't bother with Birmingham and I've never been to Manchester so not sure how they operate up North. Hope this helps and sorry they're not accommodating you!

Thank you all so much for your replies and help. I'll certainly try another store. I have also found a small independent shop near me that makes leather goods. I have rung them and they said they would be able to make me some leather corners and stitch on. So at least I have a last resort if LV aren't helpful. xx

Reactions: PittsburghLV
Actually I hate to be that guy but I’m going to disagree on the statement that the bags reinforced with leather corners won’t do this either. My Berri PM is in fact doing the same exact thing and I’m extremely gentle on my bags.

Leeds store is very busy with Chinese tourists, try Manchester store in the Selfridges, however, they are equally busy though.