flower engagement rings other than tiffany's? (or custom designers?)

mewt

O.G.
Apr 18, 2011
I know I'm getting engaged within a year, so I have to pick out a style first! I'm most interested in a multi-colored 7-petal flower ring, but I have NO idea who I could commission for that! haha...

the next closest would be these two designs from Tiffany's:
Picture5-2.png

Picture4.png

but I was wondering what else is out there! I don't know many designers, but I thought you jewelry-savvy ladies might know of some other place which has made flower-rings! it doesn't need to be diamonds, and it doesn't need to be expensive. but expense is not an issue, my boyfriend is willing to spend 10-20k.

BEST would be if it had 7 petals, but I'd like to know of any flower-design rings!

OR, if you know any designers who would be willing to create THIS ring:
ringI-want.png

I drew it, it's my dream ring. :love:
thanks so much, I appreciate any help!

Do you have a trusted jeweler? They have huge books for settings that they can order for you or make one for you. They can order the stones in too.

I don't know what kind of stones you hope for, but if they are rarer varieties or stones that are typically cut in a specific shape, you need to start your search as early as possible. It could take a while to match all of the stones & sizes.

hmm, I don't know any local jewelers... I will start a search. anyone know any in toronto? heh. or any awesome jewelers worth working overseas with? I don't mind having it shipped, as long as the jeweler has really good craftsmanship!

The first one in yellow gold is definitely a classic design. I'm sure that you will be able to find the setting at a jeweler's. Can you ask some friends/associates about trusted jewelers in your area?

I forgot to add that I recently met the new wife of an old friend. Her ring was the classic flower shape and it was very pretty. Diamond center stone with blue sapphire all around. She wore it with a wide gold wedding band.

thanks for all the help! so the first one in yellow gold should be easily findable? none of my friends are married yet though... I'm probably the most knowledgeable one about jewelry, simply from joining this forum (and I'm not very knowledgeable really)! haha. my boyfriend's decided to just take me to tiffany's when the time comes, and let me pick whatever I want. hopefully they have that flower design, though I couldn't find it on their website! is it retired? anyway... I don't think I'm getting a custom ring for engagement, but bf said he'll get me one for an anniversary later. :biggrin:

are there only two tiffany flower rings currently? I saw one second-hand that was more similar to the yellow gold one I liked, but bf refuses to get me a second-hand ring!

and and, does anyone know if tiffany diamonds are REALLY ethically sourced? they say they source from Africa too, so... I dunno. ahhh so many questions!:P

I would either look around more (maybe you'll find something you like better or want to change about your dream design) or find a trusted or custom jeweler because you already know what you want. If your SO took you to Tiffany's, you would likely find something that you like but I wonder if you'd always think in the back of your mind about your dream ring.

I wonder if Tiffany could do a custom design with their current flower ring design but just use bigger diamonds like the one you want. I think they most likely would do it. I have their flower ring and I love it but the .60 ct is probably not what you are looking for and as you can see, it doesn't look that big on the hand so I would totally ask them if they can custom make one for you that fits your criteria. Good Luck!
photo10.jpg

I wonder if Tiffany could do a custom design with their current flower ring design but just use bigger diamonds like the one you want. I think they most likely would do it. I have their flower ring and I love it but the .60 ct is probably not what you are looking for and as you can see, it doesn't look that big on the hand so I would totally ask them if they can custom make one for you that fits your criteria. Good Luck!
photo10.jpg
I think your Tiffany .6 carat is beautiful. The size seems appropriate.