ILD deal drop, today Jan 8,
Florentine Tulip Shopper,
code DROP, $169

Lots of beautiful Florentine leather,
hand or shoulder carry,
not overly heavy.

Not oversized.... narrower length on bottom
does affect how much you can carry, but
depth and height compensate to make it roomy enough.

I have it in navy and red.
I got good sales on both (I thought) but paid more.

Reactions: Brendutch
Brendutch: I'm curious about the Wexford leather handbags. Any feedback after you see it would
be appreciated. The Wexford leather looks like the City leather.... which I'm obsessed with.
I haven't seen the Wexford in person and have been wondering if it looks the same and is as
high quality (thick) as the City leather.

I have a blush Belvedere logo lock hobo. It's soft and beautiful. But the style doesn't work well for me...
I need more structure and the logo lock hobo is perfect for shoulder carry, not hand carry (which I need).

I also bought a Cabriolet bag a few months ago. I haven't used it yet, but wanted to have
one in my collection. Cabriolet has been on my radar for years, but the prices were so high
I passed.

I predict there will be another sale... by Presidents day week in Feb, if not multiple sales before that.
In the last 6 months there have been at least 2 sales a month, sometimes it seems like a sale
every few days. Some better prices, some prices the same or higher but sale 'description' changed around.

If there is a bag you want, best to keep track of the final price you would pay during sale, so you can
compare for next sale. Percentage discount is misleading, since they change the intermediate price
on which the sale discount is based. I'm not good at keeping track... rely on memory since there is no one specific bag I'm stalking. Sometimes I miss a better price because I bought other things and passed on a great deal.... only to buy it a few weeks later when nothing else appeal more. I need to stop buying
handbags. I could open a warehouse.

2020 was supposed to be a 'no buy' year. Instead I ended up
doing my best to support the economy (my story, and I'm sticking to it) and I shopped online.
I'm waiting for letters of thanks from the state sales tax department and Dooney for my contributions
last year. UPS should also appreciate all the extra boxes I contributed to their business model.
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Brendutch: I'm curious about the Wexford leather handbags. Any feedback after you see it would
be appreciated. The Wexford leather looks like the City leather.... which I'm obsessed with.
I haven't seen the Wexford in person and have been wondering if it looks the same and is as

I have a blush Belvedere logo lock hobo. It's soft and beautiful. But the style doesn't work well for me...
I need more structure and the logo lock hobo is perfect for shoulder carry, not hand carry (which I need).

I also bought a Cabriolet bag a few months ago. I haven't used it yet, but wanted to have
one in my collection. Cabriolet has been on my radar for years, but the prices were so high
I passed.

I predict there will be another sale... by Presidents day week in Feb, if not multiple sales before that.
In the last 6 months there have been at least 2 sales a month, sometimes it seems like a sale
every few days. Some better prices, some prices the same or higher but sale 'description' changed around.

If there is a bag you want, best to keep track of the final price you would pay during sale, so you can
compare for next sale. Percentage discount is misleading, since they change the intermediate price
on which the sale discount is based. I'm not good at keeping track... rely on memory since there is no one specific bag I'm stalking. Sometimes I miss a better price because I bought other things and passed on a great deal.... only to buy it a few weeks later when nothing else appeal more. I need to stop buying

doing my best to support the economy (my story, and I'm sticking to it) and I shopped online.
I'm waiting for letters of thanks from the state sales tax department and Dooney for my contributions
last year. UPS should also appreciate all the extra boxes I contributed to their business model.
:smile::smile::smile: 2020 was going to be a ” no buy “ year for me too! We all know how that ended... I will let you know about the Wexford bag as soon as I receive it. I just got my cabriolet duffle yesterday, and judging by how long it took to arrive, I think the other bags will arrive at the end of January ( I ordered the cabriolet on December 5th, and the other bags a week later).
The cabriolet duffle will be a great travel bag. It was larger than I expected, but smaller than the weekender. This is perfect to put under the seat of an airplane.
There is definitely going to be another sale. This last year it seemed to me that they always had a sale. The Tulip shopper was $ 139 recently. That is the best price I’ve seen it. I didn’t buy another one because I’m afraid of what my husband will say when I finally receive all the bags I ordered. Also, I was a little mad with ILD. When I ordered my MIL bag ( the Wexford) I thought that my order didn’t go through. So I ordered again. Guess what? It did go through, and I have now two orders for the same bag. I wrote an email to CS immediately. They answered in 1 hr, and told me that they couldn’t cancel, because my order was being processed.
:confused1: It was clear that it was a mistake. So now I have 2 Wexford satchels coming. I don’t know if I’m going to return it or keep it ( I really hate going to the postal office, and now with COVID-19, I will probably keep it). But it makes me so mad that they have such poor customer service.

Brendutch: I agree. Their CS is not good.... the policies aren't customer friendly and the
service isn't either. Many ladies just walk away and don't buy. I can understand that.
But what I've discovered is that other brands are just as bad. Sure, sometimes you get
a good CS rep, and maybe they can fix something, but more often what they tell you
is a fairytale. Dealing with individual outlets or stores is hit or miss. Before the pandemic
some Dooney outlets were great for phone orders.

My experience with Coach is not good...
either from a ordering perspective or the condition of any bag that comes from an outlet.
I get much better quality and condition of handbags from Dooney, consistently. But...
no way to cancel anything.... even if it was ordered 5 seconds ago. I've tried.

I think Brahmin has the best CS and I've found a manager at one of the outlets
who is great.

Reactions: Brendutch
Brendutch: I agree. Their CS is not good.... the policies aren't customer friendly and the
service isn't either. Many ladies just walk away and don't buy. I can understand that.
But what I've discovered is that other brands are just as bad. Sure, sometimes you get
a good CS rep, and maybe they can fix something, but more often what they tell you
is a fairytale. Dealing with individual outlets or stores is hit or miss. Before the pandemic
some Dooney outlets were great for phone orders.

My experience with Coach is not good...
either from a ordering perspective or the condition of any bag that comes from an outlet.
I get much better quality and condition of handbags from Dooney, consistently. But...
no way to cancel anything.... even if it was ordered 5 seconds ago. I've tried.

I think Brahmin has the best CS and I've found a manager at one of the outlets
who is great.
I’m mad at them , but will continue ordering. I think that Dooney is underrated . They are high quality bags.

I passed.

The Wexford satchel is here at last!!! It is gorgeous, so I decided to keep it. It’s a smooth leather like the city, but more matte. I really like it.