Florentine Texture

Masteryoda

Jul 12, 2012
I have some Florentine bags that look to be like pebbled leather. They have a more pebbly texture and seem to show scratches less than the smooth Florentines. Some of my bags, such as my flap tab satchel have some spots that are more pebbled and other spots that are less so. Nothing too obvious though. The flap part is more smooth as well because the leather is more structured. My vachetta satchel is smooth pretty much all over. Before it developed a patina it used to show scratches more. I'm not sure which type of florentine I prefer...I think either is nice. Some say the pebble type florentine looks too much like regular pebble leather but to me, it still looks fine. I do like though when the bag has a more or less even texture throughout the whole bag. I have passed up more than a few that had very obvious contrasting textures throughout the bag. Some might not mind at all though, some say it gives the bag more character. Everyone's preference is diff. I have bought the florentine natural bags so texture is a bit more obvious than say, black.

• Love
Reactions: Cheryle Williams
My natural one is smooth and my white one is pebbled. I like them both. I do wear my natural one more often because it is seasonless, but I have no real preference for the leather.

DSCF4850.jpg

DSCF3326.jpg

They both look very nice in the pic! And for some reason I heard from others that the white florentine in general is more pebbled than other colors. Idk how true this is but that is what I've read.

Last night I went to Macy's and was just checking out the satchels. Was looking at one chestnut satchel that I fell in love with! It was wonderful...even for a florentine. It was completely smooth all the way around. No different textures anywhere. Plus it was SUPER soft and smooshy...much more than most others. I can just imagine how wonderful it will b as it ages. I may have to go and get it when the next sale rolls around.

Last night I went to Macy's and was just checking out the satchels. Was looking at one chestnut satchel that I fell in love with! It was wonderful...even for a florentine. It was completely smooth all the way around. No different textures anywhere. Plus it was SUPER soft and smooshy...much more than most others. I can just imagine how wonderful it will b as it ages. I may have to go and get it when the next sale rolls around.

I love both textures! As long as it's consistant throughout the bag, that is.

I've returned a couple where half of the front of the bag was smooth and the other half was pebbled.

I like one or the other on one bag, not both!

I agree with you that it seems like certain colors are only in one or the other, I've never seen a white florentine that wasn't pebbled.

And I have 6 in chestnut and every one of them is smooth!

• Thanks
Reactions: Cheryle Williams
That is very true. Really with florentine I found that I just almost have to hand pick a bag. I've taken my chances before with ordering online and it's really a hit or miss on if I get an even textured bag or not.

The chestnut is a beautiful color. I only have naturals right now but NEED that chestnut! Lol!!

That is very true. Really with florentine I found that I just almost have to hand pick a bag. I've taken my chances before with ordering online and it's really a hit or miss on if I get an even textured bag or not.

The chestnut is a beautiful color. I only have naturals right now but NEED that chestnut! Lol!!

I agree about the Chestnut ladies!!! I am thinking twist strap hobo in Chestnut may be next.....kc