Florentine Chelsea Shopper

Nebo

Mar 14, 2014
Louisiana
You're right! I remember seeing that a while back. I wonder who had the exclusive on the florentine chelsea...
Im guessing its some models they get in advance for advertising purposes for their retailers.. When I used to work for L'Occitane, we would get collections in advance, to see how they look, smell, what you have in it etc. They would arrive couple of months to a year earlier.

We didnt sell them though, but they would go to beauty journalists/magazine editors sometimes. I have no idea how this bag ended up in resale, and they even didnt have the style out.

Twoboyz

Jan 1, 2014
Chicago Suburbs
She said she got it from ilovedooney on ebay, but they don't have floor models....... :confused1: :thinking:

She also said that it was pre loved. I didn't know ILoveDooney sold pre-loved bags. Judging by the close up it looks more like Dillen or pebbled leather. I'm wondering how it got water damage though.

Nebo

Mar 14, 2014
Louisiana
The only one they had completely in one color in pebbled/Dillen was black on black.

Mistery...

I cant wait for some member photos of the new Chelsea Flo's :smile:

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012
It looks like florentine leather to me, plus it has the leather duck patch. Dillen leather bags have the gold colored metal tag on the front.

G.Allyn

Dec 12, 2013
I have been in love with the Chelsea shopper as of late. The grey in this style is past impressive, so I would vote for it. IMHO the Kingston is more casual and looks great in all the bright or unusual colors.

I think your choice comes down to the more formal, rather classic Chelsea or the more casual, bit different, but fun Kingston. What are you in the mood for?

RebeccaJ

Jul 21, 2012
Fl
I think there are so many differences between those two bags you can't compare them. I like the complete zipper top on the Kingston Hobo. I like the Chelsea as a tote. I see no way to compare but I love every color in both. Dooney did good.

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012
I think there are so many differences between those two bags you can't compare them. I like the complete zipper top on the Kingston Hobo. I like the Chelsea as a tote. I see no way to compare but I love every color in both. Dooney did good.
I agree. We need both of them. :biggrin:

Bobetta

Mar 9, 2014
New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZjvxXVzvo

Found that video! In this video lady shows a bag that is a floor model of Dillen Chelsea shopper, but I think its pretty clear it is in done in florentine. It starts around 2:36 with the flo Chelsea in Ivy.

I enjoyed her video. She's funny. And her bags are nice. I'm thinking that bag is a Flo. Like someone else mentioned - the Duck patch is leather. And I noticed the handles and the body were one color. That's a Flo trait. What a lucky buy! 70 bucks? Or 79? She did great with that one. Damn.
I'm still waiting for my Pebbled Chelsea but still drooling over the grey Flo version. Ugh! I can't wait to touch mine. I want to have time to change my mind! Lol.
;)

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012
:woot: My florentine Chelsea is "out for delivery." Gotta go sit on the curb; I hope it's not too hot out there.