Floppy Garnet?

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
I have the XL Garnet that I am going to return. I took the stuffins out of it and realized it is so floppy. The handles are floppy too. Is the large one as floppy? I really like the Graphite Patent Leather large Garnet but I am afraid it will be floppy too. I didn't realize how HUGE the XL Garnet was until I took the stuffins out of it...my goodnes you could fit a baby in that bag. The chain on it is also VERY heavy with only adds to the floopy problem. I am going to take the XL back but I can't decide if I want to get the Large one or just move away from the Garnet all together.

I think the XL is too big, personally, although I love the look of the chain. I was planning to buy the Large size so I am glad you mentioned this about the floppyness. I need to try the large without stuffing at the store.

Hi,
The Large Garnet has a handle drop of 8 1/2 inches and the regular Garnet has a 8 inch drop. I have the regular one and have seen the large - neither are floppy!
Hope this helps!

Lynne:smile:

I hae the purple Garnet regular size.. it not floppy.. it's a very structure bag.. I think that why I totally in love with it =.. The 2 compartment and trunlock closure is a bonus..

This is the exact reason that Gigi got sold and the MFF turnlock tote went back, pure floppyness!!!

It's really silly but the largest bag I have that stands itself up really well is a signature bag!!! It's the Lg. chocolate signature stripe tote with the brown/bronze colored stripe!!!

I also wish Julianne wasn't as floppy as she is, but we also want smooshy, yummy, baby soft leather so I guess we can't have it both ways!!

I hope you find a Garnet you like. I bet you can easily add a chain to the large by wrapping it around the handles. I love the chain detail on the XL, but I like the kinda "rocker chic" style bags!!!

I have a floppy issue too. I got the khaki/brown op art Julianne and the way the shoulder strap pulls down the corners bugs me. I know that it is supposed to do that but it doesn't do it evenly. Sometimes one goes forward and one goes backword. I like it better with shoulder strap left on plus practical. But if is supposed to do it,... it almost needs more weight like a chain to keep even pull on it. Does this make sense?