Flippin' Locks!

Do you find that the lock on your Paddington satchel flips to the back side when you're carrying the bag? Not only that, but after removing something from the bag and flipping the lock over the front, the shape needs adjusting so the bag doesn't hang lopsided. If the contents shift when carried it can be a pain as well.

I love the style of the Paddington but am starting to get annoyed spending the time adjusting my lock/bag when wearing it. I only deal because I love the shape/style so much. I can't wear it with the lock flipped backward; it has to be perfect!

:lol: I know exactly what you're talking about, roey, and I completely understand and sympathize! If it were any other bag, I'd sell it and get my money back so I can buy some other bag. But like you, I love my Paddington satchel so much that I put up with all her silly idiosyncrasies.

I love my bag too, but also find the lock annoying. Thus I don't used my bag all the time, just when I have a day out shopping or something (where I know I have alot of time), and not on days where I have to run errands.

I didn't expect all the response to this thread. In fact, I felt silly starting it... like I had nothing better to write about, lol! For me, the lock makes the bag. Moving it to the side throws off the whole look, and removing it altogether doesn't look right.

My once five Paddington collection is now down to two. I can hardly believe it; just a year ago you couldn't tear me away from the Chloe forum. I still love my Paddingtons (tan and whiskey) but admit to going overboard last year. The colors are so beautiful and addicting, moreso than in any other handbag line. My chocos (bowler and satchel) are gone, and so is Noir. The only two colors I really wanted to own were tan and whiskey, and those are the colors I currently have left. I had other choco bags in my collection but nothing like Noir. I don't miss Noir the Paddy, I miss Noir the COLOR! I so want to find another handbag in that color that is easier to carry and timeless. I have been worrying a lot about the death of the Paddington and feel it's time to move on to more classic pieces.

I loved this thread- LOL!

I wondered if anyone else was annoyed by that yet. I felt really stupid when I
clocked myself on the chin with it- but it HURT :wtf:

But I still love my paddies. :love:

Godo choices to keep: tan and whiskey!!

What new classic bag is on your horizon??

I didn't expect all the response to this thread. In fact, I felt silly starting it... like I had nothing better to write about, lol! For me, the lock makes the bag. Moving it to the side throws off the whole look, and removing it altogether doesn't look right.

My once five Paddington collection is now down to two. I can hardly believe it; just a year ago you couldn't tear me away from the Chloe forum. I still love my Paddingtons (tan and whiskey) but admit to going overboard last year. The colors are so beautiful and addicting, moreso than in any other handbag line. My chocos (bowler and satchel) are gone, and so is Noir. The only two colors I really wanted to own were tan and whiskey, and those are the colors I currently have left. I had other choco bags in my collection but nothing like Noir. I don't miss Noir the Paddy, I miss Noir the COLOR! I so want to find another handbag in that color that is easier to carry and timeless. I have been worrying a lot about the death of the Paddington and feel it's time to move on to more classic pieces.

Great post! I always wondered how the locks would behave IRL. I love 'em and saw a TDF black paddy at Nordstrom yesterday...hmmm. I just have the paddy clutch right now with a baby lock so not too much clunking there.

I loved this thread- LOL!

I wondered if anyone else was annoyed by that yet. I felt really stupid when I
clocked myself on the chin with it- but it HURT :wtf:

But I still love my paddies. :love:

Godo choices to keep: tan and whiskey!!

What new classic bag is on your horizon??

I want a nice vibrant dark blue Chanel. Only thing is, Chanel doesn't do color as well as Chloe in the styles I like. What they have right now looks faded and dull.:yucky:

I thought I was the only one annoyed by this! I just recently got the Whiskey and I love the color but have been having second thoughts and wondering if I should move on to a more hassle-free bag! I'm also obsessive about having the lock sitting just PERFECT.

Oh, I hear everyone about this lock thing! I think certain styles carry the lock more poorly than others. My pocket has the worst time keeping the lock in place. The lock literally drowns into the middle of the bag. The satchel isn't that much better. I haven't considered carrying it without the lock, but that's a great idea!

LOL @ blasphemous!

I find the lock sort of annoying but only in the sense that i've kept my bag immaculate and the only imperfection is on the lock ring where some of the color has rubbed off due to the lock moving around so much. It is pretty clunky and heavy but oh the beauty! I love my bag and wouldn't change it for anything