Tech Flip Ultra HD camcorder

kwealzliy

purse-a-holic
Mar 14, 2010
My SO is planning to purchase this camcorder for me for on-the-go videos, so, I can start posting on my youtube channel! I have already researched the specs and really like the camcorder for what it is.

Have any of you had this camcorder? Please let me know your thoughts and if you use it often & for what :smile:

I have one. It's awesome! You definitely want the HD one. My sister has the non-HD one and you can tell the difference in quality.

I use it to film quick stuff -- pets, weather outside, etc. Nothing of film school quality. It's really just for fun for me.

i have this camcorder also, and i love it. it's definitely not as HD as one of those really expensive and more bulky one, but the quality is not bad. it's really easy to use as it only has 3 buttons. and the usb is built in so you can just plug it right into your computer or laptop and you can start uploading videos. i usually use it to film my cat... since he does funny things randomly, so i keep my flip cam around me, when i see him do funny things, i just pick up it up and start recording, you don't have to set up anything or wait for it to turn on. it's a great little cam to record little things that happen in your life!

i plan on getting one too. i've looked at various brands, but flip seems to have the best reviews. i plan to use it for my study abroad trip so i can capture all those moments!

I was planning on getting one at first, but then I saw comparison footages between the flip HD and the Ipod nano 5th gen on youtube.
The Ipod has a much better sound quality, and the image quality looks the same (to me anyway).
I bought the Ipod with the 16 gb capacity ; it's realy easy to use, and plus you can listen to your favorite tunes too ;)

I got it last August for a trip... I've been using it regularly.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023B14TK/ref=oss_product this is the one i got.
How are you liking it so far?

ShoeFanatic the flip does come with zoom.

I wanted the UltraHD version, but when I met up with the lady i found on craigslist it wasn't but I tested out the camera and liked it a lot, I mean for $100 bucks?? he** yeah!! lol I really like it but I was doing some more research on it after I had purchased it and many people complained about how it would shut off after 6 months and not work again, but I dont know if it was because that got a faulty batch of the camcorders! and Yes ShoeFanatic the Flip does come with a nice zoom, & also a 2 inch screen! :biggrin:

I was looking at the Sony Bloggie as well after I found out about the 6 month life span & I really like the Bloggie...except I wish it had the flip's concept of how easy it is! So far, my flip hasn't been causing me any problems *knock on wood!* :biggrin:

Yep - we borrowed my dad's Flip when I went into the hospital and had my baby. It's so cute and tiny, and worked really well! For the price, it's very nifty & convenient! (And better than spending $450 on an HD videocamera only to find out it's not Mac compatible... and we are an Apple household..... ::rolls eyes::smile:

A friend of mine has this. Before she bought it, I was a little concerned that for such a low price she would get crappy image quality, etc. But I was surprised! It's a lot better than I had imagined, and I love how portable and easy to use it is. I would definitely recommend it.