Flip Flop Wardrobe

sparklyseahorse

Tater Salad
Apr 10, 2007
For my friends in the Southern climes (or anywhere..), I was wondering what your flip flop wardrobe consists of and how many pairs you have for your locale.
I'm not talking sandals- I'm talking flip flops, slippahs, slaps, or by whatever name they go by in your part of the globe.
One acquaintance of mine- here in Florida- owns over 30 pairs of flip flops, so I was curious who would have more! My small collection is only 8 pairs...2 dressy, 2 beach, 4 casual, consisting mostly of Olukai, Reef, and a pair of Havanianas (the Havs I only use for the beach).
I think the only way I'd ever wear Louboutins is if he made a flip flop with a red sole....hmmm- does he?

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
I have three (we call them thongs in aus), all havianana's (or however you spell it :P). You need them in summer here, when it gets over 40C (104F)... otherwise your feet will fall off lol.

My sisters and I use each others' so I guess combined we have about 8-9 pairs?

May 1, 2006
Miami Beach is home and I own about eight pairs.

It's rough for me to wear flip flops. I can't buy typical flip flops becase the thong part breaks away the skin between my big toe and second toe. I need some fabric in that area or I have to buy Havs (haven't had problems with Havs).

Otherwise I'm in a "fancier" sandal.

Susan Lee

Double Trouble
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
Big Rainbow Sandals fan here-the thin strap double layer versions are my favorite! They have the best arch support and they last forever. I have a fancier pair of them too-with crystals on the straps ;) I think I have 7 pairs?

Tasi

Nov 11, 2007
I have one pair of the grosgrain J Crew slippers at home and 2 pairs (1 Gorsgrain J Crew pair and 1 Payless shoe store brand pair) at our summer cabin. *Where I used to live they were know as "zoris." :biggrin: