Flawed So Kates

pearyfooa

Amina.B
O.G.
Oct 9, 2011
So I picked up these beauties last week at Nordstroms. I had been on the waiting list since October of last year and was so happy to finally get them. They only got one size 36 in, and I hadn't open the box until I got home and saw that on the sides of the stitching on both shoes has this strange flaw

I've always heard how each shoe is hand crafted perfectly. These shoes are flawed and I would like your input on what I should do about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 766
  • sa.jpg
    sa.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
I agree, it's normal. Hand made shoes actually mean that NOT everything will be perfect, you will find small imperfections more often than not.
Hmm that's strange, is it really that common? Do you own a pair of flawed loubs? Where both shoes have issues? I just think it's ironic that I paid nearly $800 for heels that are not near perfect. I thought that one of the ideas behind buying lux goods is for the impeccable quality and craftsmanship. Isn't their quality control? These are the first pairs of loubs I own that were purchased brand new with bad stitching.

Last edited:
They were actually very hard for me to find in my size. I'll keep them since I don't want to have to wait who knows how long for 36 in these.

I'm pretty much the same size as you... I got 5 pairs in like a period of 2 months... So not so hard ;)
It sounds like you're not comfortable with keeping yours, so again, just return them.
I'm sure you'll be able to get another pair soon. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hmm that's strange, is it really that common? Do you own a pair of flawed loubs? Where both shoes have issues? I just think it's ironic that I paid nearly $800 for heels that are not near perfect. I thought that one of the ideas behind buying lux goods is for the impeccable quality and craftsmanship. Isn't their quality control? These are the first pairs of loubs I own that were purchased brand new with bad stitching.

Yes, it's very common. Honestly I wouldn't even consider your pair flawed, but that's just me and if you're not happy, by all means return them and try to find a pair you like better :yes:

Here's my 2 cents :smile:
I think you are right, they are flawed. The fact that they are handmade should not mean less rigorous quality control. Unfortunately, I believe Louboutin shoes are not assembled in the same factory and the increase in demand and production meant decrease in quality. For example, I saw a pair of Pigalles in Chicago that had a "wavy" sole - not acceptable.
I say return them and wait for a pair that makes you smile :smile:

Here's my 2 cents :smile:
I think you are right, they are flawed. The fact that they are handmade should not mean less rigorous quality control. Unfortunately, I believe Louboutin shoes are not assembled in the same factory and the increase in demand and production meant decrease in quality. For example, I saw a pair of Pigalles in Chicago that had a "wavy" sole - not acceptable.
I say return them and wait for a pair that makes you smile :smile:

The wavy sole is actually very common and has nothing to do with increased demand and production or decreased quality. I have an old pair purchased prior to the hype when not many people knew about this brand and the soles were already like that :yes:

I looked at my So Kate's and the stitching is sorta similar. I think its really up to you to decide if you will be happy with the imperfection. I wouldn't say they are defective, just not "perfect".

The questions you should ask are how long would it take to get a replacement, can you wait that long and what if they come in and are the same (or worse). I highly doubt that would happen on a second pair.

Like everyone is saying, you are the one who has to wear them and be happy with them. Do exactly what you want to be happy. You will have no regrets in the end!

Here is the stitching on the back of mine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399835377.339141.jpg

The wavy sole is actually very common and has nothing to do with increased demand and production or decreased quality. I have an old pair purchased prior to the hype when not many people knew about this brand and the soles were already like that :yes:
I might be wrong about the quality/production issue, it's just my opinion that I wouldn't pay so much money for a pair of shoes that is not almost flawless. I bought my first pair in 2011 (not sure when the hype started, but I'd been desperately wanting a pair since 2006) and they were perfect. In 2013 I saw some discounted CLs a Boston Saks and they looked so bad I thought they were fake. There are small imperfections that are normal, but IMO some are too visible and simply not acceptable. Not at that price.
But, after all, they are just shoes :smile: so it's a matter of personal choice if one decides to keep or exchange.