Flaw on bag. Need second opinion.

Alex Cheng

Jun 26, 2012
Hi ladies and gentlemen.

I just found out a flaw on my bag and I just wanted your second opinion. I understand that all bags have imperfections and I am totally find with minor flaws as long as I know that the bag will still be usable.

Basically, on the left side of the bag is a horizontal crease due to a bigger hole gap connecting to the straps whereas the right side, there is no crease because the hole is more tight. The picture should be a better explanation.

Mind you, I believe this crease happened before I purchased it but I didn't notice until now. I have yet to use this bag.

Should I be worried that the bag may eventually break because of the stress or do I have nothing to worry about? I would like this bag to last a long time and have an intention of babying this bag.

Please let me know your opinions.

PS: I've heard of horror stories of exchanging bags and so far, all my visits to Louis Vuitton have been unpleasant. I've been blatantly ignored or given attitude even with the intention of buying.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 707
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 702
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 705
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 700
Sorry you had a bad experience at LV stores...I just hate hearing that cuz I've really had the best SAs and their service/attention. Give the stores another try later...
Having said that, I don't think the creases are a big deal. I have a speedy B and I too had the slight crease where the vachetta and stitching meet over the ring, but it's fine.

Creases are caused in the leather through normal use. No issues here - it would have happened eventually...

And there is nothing to worry about. Vachetta gets more stress on it through every day use than a crease!!

Sorry you had a bad experience at LV stores...I just hate hearing that cuz I've really had the best SAs and their service/attention. Give the stores another try later...
Having said that, I don't think the creases are a big deal. I have a speedy B and I too had the slight crease but it's fine.

It looks fine to me. The bag will eventually have creases once you started using it. I dont see it as a flaw. Enjoy your new bag :smile:

Creases are caused in the leather through normal use. No issues here - it would have happened eventually...

And there is nothing to worry about. Vachetta gets more stress on it through every day use than a crease!!

Thank god! Thank you so much!

I was panicking because I imagined walking down on the streets one day and suddenly one of the straps feel and my whole bag fell apart.

Now that I'm relieved, I can enjoy this bag :smile:

@LoVeinLA I don't really understand why I get bad experiences. Maybe I'm just unlucky but its a serious turnoff for me to walk into a store and get ignored. I mean literally last time I was in front of these two SAs and before I even spoke they started chatting on and on so I had to eventually wander off somewhere else. I don't expect SAs to wipe my feet or pour tea or anything but I do want someone who I can talk to about recommending me some bags.

How about if you take your fabulous new Mono work bag with you next time you go? Hope that can be a conversation starter and you will develop that relationship with a SA. Good luck for next time!

No flaw at all. Don't worry about it Alex :smile: Just use it and [don't] abuse it haha. Next time you go to the store definitely have the bag slung on your shoulder with pride. I remember once I walked into a store in a different city with my wallet in hand (I usually hold my wallet anyway) and the first thing the SA did was ask me about my wallet and asked to look at it - I bet she was seeing if it was real or not haha

Hi ladies and gentlemen.

I just found out a flaw on my bag and I just wanted your second opinion. I understand that all bags have imperfections and I am totally find with minor flaws as long as I know that the bag will still be usable.

Basically, on the left side of the bag is a horizontal crease due to a bigger hole gap connecting to the straps whereas the right side, there is no crease because the hole is more tight. The picture should be a better explanation.

Mind you, I believe this crease happened before I purchased it but I didn't notice until now. I have yet to use this bag.

Should I be worried that the bag may eventually break because of the stress or do I have nothing to worry about? I would like this bag to last a long time and have an intention of babying this bag.

Please let me know your opinions.

PS: I've heard of horror stories of exchanging bags and so far, all my visits to Louis Vuitton have been unpleasant. I've been blatantly ignored or given attitude even with the intention of buying.

I see what your referring to and that is normal.. Several of my bags have the same ripple look. Especially my bloomsbury..

Sorry you had bad experiences at the boutique.. I really hate to hear about the poor service.. I also experience the same experience.