Flaw in the glazing, would this bother you?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ladies, I bought a LV Shine Alma PM from the boutique and only used it briefly twice. I was looking at it the other night and noticed that the glazing on the inside handle looks like it melted off. At first, I thought that perhaps it's rub from the hardware but the hardware doesn't hit it in that spot and my other handles are fine. Would this bother you? I'm annoyed because this bag cost $3500+ and I barely used it.

Attached Files:

2. Slightly better shot

Attached Files:

3. I would take it in and ask for them to reglaze it.

kkayc and helenNZ like this.
  4. Thank you. I'm just wondering if this is going to be an ongoing issue with the glaze melting. I remember that the blue rose neverfull ikat had an issue with the blue handles.

5. #5 May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    You should take it back if it's melted. My beloved alma PPM slightly melted the first summer with me and melted some more the second summer. Took it back for reglazing but it couldn't be repaired :sad: It was a limited edition and a presy from hubby so I was a little upset. But got the coveted montainge MM in marine rouge from the store credit and felt better after :love:

ccbaggirl89 and kkayc like this.
  6. That would bother me since it's new. LV has had many issues with glazing on many items. If you don't live in a hot or humid area then you can rule that out (their glazing doesn't do well in such climates). And you should definitely exchange it or ask for a credit note. So sorry this happened to your beauty! LV stands behind their products so I'm sure they'll give you no hassle :smile:

kkayc likes this.
  7. That's bad. I had a glazing issue with a multicartes, where it chipped off. This is the first time it melted. I'm thinking I need to stay away from colored glazing.

8. My alma was in black taurillon leather with black glazing. I know they use this leather on their higher end bags still but not sure why they could not just change the handles.
    Anyway, I got my montaigne so all is good.

9. Personally, I would return it for reglazing.

kkayc likes this.
  10. I personally would be bothered and taking it back for repairs. Having cracking or chipping occur after years of love and natural wear and tear is one thing, but to have the glaze melting like this, especially on such a new bag, is inexcusable.

paula3boys, Meandmy and kkayc like this.