"Flattering styles for boyish figures" thread

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Inspired by the "flattering clothes for busty girls" thread, i decided to start one for us girls w/boyish figures.
    i'm 5" 2. i weight about 117. i have no boobs to speak of and i have what my bf kindly refers to as a 'boyish' figure :P.

i figured it would be nice to have our own thread where we can offer styling advice/tips on what works for us and what doesn't.

what works for me:

-skinny jeans. i find that dresses in general make me look like a walking beanpole. jeans however, jeans i like. skinny jeans especially! skinny jeans however seem to elongate my legs when worn w/heels. since i can't show off cleavage, i might as well show off my lean legs.
    -minis. minis are the only type of dresses that look good on me. again- it's all about showing off what I can (legs!) since cleavage is out of the question. i personally find that long sleeved mini dresses are most flattering on me. just cz i'm already showing so much leg, having my arms covered seems to provide a nice contrast.
    -waist belts. wearing a waist belt gives me some sort of shape.
    -vnecks. the V seems to create some sort of optical illusion that might pass for cleavage. yay!

what doesn't work for me:

-dresses in general. i dont look good in dresses generally cz it tends to flatten my already boyish figure.
    -tube tops. just no. it makes my non boobs seem even flatter!
    -boat necks. again- somehow it seems to make my non boobs seem flatter!

please join in, my fellow hotties w/boyish figures!

:smile:

2. also, i feel like rather than trying to fight against my figure, i should embrace it. w/that said, im really digging the whole androgynous look!

[​IMG]

photo credit: not sure but i found this floating around a fashion blog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice