Flats - trying so hard to love these on me!!

oopsie

May 17, 2007
Does anyone have any styling recommendations for flats on petit girl with major insecurity over having short legs? I so adore flats, just bought those bright gold Mui Mu flats (which I absolutely :heart:) but cannot get used to the way I look in them...feel stumpy and unsexy. Its like seeing yourself in skinny jeans for the first time!

Im only 5 3 and it took me a while to adjust to flats.....it helped when i saw someone a lot shorter than me that pulled the look off. Personally, I never felt sexy in flats, just cute...for me sexy is in heels. :smile:

here's my ideal outfit for wearing flats if you're petite...
cute fitted polo tee in a summer color, low waisted capris with tapered leg, simple belt and flats with a little embellishment.

I'm 5' 4" and I love flats. I don't mind not looking as tall as I would wearing heels cause at least I know I won't be hobbling around with sore feet. :smile:

I think if you wear them with skinny jeans, or a cute, short dress, then it works.

I'm 5'2" so I know the feeling:smile:! I was forced into flats after a leg injury but adjusted quickly. I'm sure you will look great! Sometimes I prefer flats with a dress or skirt in the summer.

I'm around 5'3" (petite+slim) but I LOVE my fLats. I sadly have 2 walk around Uni A LOT!!! so wearing heels isn't an option. -.- anyway I wear them with practicaLLy everythin. but I specially love it with skinny jeans, shorts, or cute dresses. ;)

I'm 5'1 (which is soo small.LOL!) and I almost always wear flat!LOL!
at first, i didnt even have a pair, but since i had to walk everywhere, and flats are so cute nowadays, so i give it a try...and now, i dont really wear my heels and pumps anymore..just in special occasions:P

i wear flat with everything!skinny jeans, short, summer dress, legging (on fall and winter), basically everything! but not with bootcut or flare jeans though.hehe

Maybe have someone take a picture of you and see if you still don't like the look. When I wear flats I feel like I'm L shaped because I look down at them, so my feet look huge. When I looked at myself in a full length mirror, they looked cute. If you're short then try wearing them with long jeans or short dresses because your legs will look longer. Nicole Ritchie is about your hight and she looks cute in flats.

kitson_nicole_shops.jpg

nicole%20richie.bmp

2673.jpg