flats in winter?

pinkgoldfish

Nov 6, 2006
Europe
I have a lot of cute flats and I was wondering if I could wear them when it's cold too?

If you say yes, how would I do that? Which kind off socks would go?

Or maybe you say, 'I don't think you can make it work, flats should be worn without socks'

SuzanneVuitton

I Love You Louis!
O.G.
Feb 20, 2007
The Netherlands
i wear flats all year!
sometimes when it is cold i wear those thin socks, (panty kousjes, don't know the english word but your from belgium right? ;) )
but like now, i don't wear those..alltough i might..my feet feel frozen sometimes ;)
maybe 2 pairs of those thin socks can work too? they can be skin colour or black..

I have seen this dutch stylist, Dyanne Beekman, wearing pumps with grey socks, normal socks..

tsjmom

O.G.
Feb 21, 2007
Chicago IL
I wear them all year also. I bought merino wool and angora socks in a variety of colors to wear b/c my feet are always cold, esp in Chicago in the winter!

pinkgoldfish

Nov 6, 2006
Europe
i wear flats all year!
sometimes when it is cold i wear those thin socks, (panty kousjes, don't know the english word but your from belgium right? ;) )
but like now, i don't wear those..alltough i might..my feet feel frozen sometimes ;)
maybe 2 pairs of those thin socks can work too? they can be skin colour or black..

I have seen this dutch stylist, Dyanne Beekman, wearing pumps with grey socks, normal socks..
Lol, I get it :okay: thanks for the answers!

Alice From Italy

Proud Member
O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
Near Venezia - Italy
I wear them all the year! I wear something like a small sock made of microfiber, so it's a bit thick and it's not too cold. Somedays, anyway, it's too cold the same, so I usually don't wear them in January-February... but love them! :heart:

Don't your feet get cold even with the thin socks or panty hose socks because they are so thin? I wish someone made thin warm socks! I would have to buy my flats in a bigger size if I want to wear them with warm socks comfortably (like I do with boots), but since I don't I have to retire my flats in cold weather :sad:

priiin

Nov 14, 2007
Those thin panty socks also make my feet slide out of my flats :confused1:
They make my feet slip out too. I would just opt to wearing boots instead. Or if you can find cute socks, I guess you could wear them with your flats, but IMO it looks a little tacky to wear flats with socks.