Flatforms. Yay or Nay

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
TalkShoes featured an editorial on season's newest shoe shape, the "flatform" and honestly, I am on the fence.

What say you?

I could shave an inch off of these and maybe wear them, but as for the rest, I am not seeing anything I would have to have.

Gucci-Liliane-Suede-Cork-Wedge-Sandals.jpg

Has anyone jumped on the flatform bandwagon? Let's see some modeling shots, please! I am ready to be swayed (if anyone remembers what happened with the Taxi Pumps, you know my mind is definitely not unchangeable!)

I love certain flatforms.
I really dislike the cork/woven summery kind. I am drawn towards the ones with all leather or not much of a material/color contrast between the uppers and sole (unless it's black and white).

nay
flatforms look like youre wearing floating barges on your feet.
not to mention it doesnt really allow your foot to ben when you walk and i have seen flatforms where the sole has lifted off the platform at the back due to this.

Nope!
They remind me of the platform flip flops everyone wore when I was in middle school. They were ok when I was 11 but not anymore.
Yeah these are a little fancier but the platform is still as chunky as ever.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399532540.422059.jpg

This thread is making me laugh. I bought a pair of flatforms last year. I didn't even know that there was a name for them....sounds like they are not too popular here.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399593539.740005.jpg

I wouldn't call any of the shoes shown in this thread, so far, flatforms. They all have a difference in height between the front and the back. THESE are flatforms: http://d3c1jucybpy4ua.cloudfront.net/data/6735/feature/flatform-derek-lam2.jpg?1337087297
and they are indeed horrible.

Totally agreed here. Some of the ones pictured in this thread I'd think of more as platforms, but the ones in that link are what I thought of first.

It's telling that I'm a die-hard feminist and when I first saw the Blurred lines video, my first thought was not "why the f*** are those young women dancing mostly naked around that turd, Thicke?" but instead "WHO THE F*** SAID YES TO THOSE GODDAWFUL WHITE SHOES???"