Flat setting for diamond studs

1. Does anyone know what the setting for a diamond that lays almost completely flat on your ear is called? I know someone-not well enough to ask-who has 4 carat diamonds in her ears and they are not in your typical setting. They look really beautiful and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks for your help.:yes:

2. I get mine Martini set and they sit very nicely that way.

3. If they were framed it is bezel, but if not a lower setting is martini

4. I've seen flat settings like you're talking about, but it incorporated 4 cut stones to make it look like one round stone (you couldn't tell that they were 4 individual stones.)

5. I believe you are referring to a bezel setting. I have a pair of small diamond studs in a bezel setting that I wear every day. When the DH comes home with the camera I'll post a pic.

6. Thanks for the info ladies. It is definatley not bezel set nor was it 4 seperate stones. Maybe it is the martini set, but correct me if I'm wrong-that is a 3 prong setting correct? This had 4 prongs.

7. I'm looking at my findings book because I have a few different names that I call things.

I use Martini set in many of my diamond studs. I have used 6-prong Cast Basket as well.

8. I have 3 prong martini set diamond studs. It is possible to have 4 prong martinis or even 8 prong martinis.

9. I have bezel set Peretti Tiffany studs.

10. yes, martini has 3 prongs.
    I have 2 sets of diamond studs, one has the usual 4-prong and the other is martini set and I way prefer the way the martini set sits/hangs.
    I'm upgrading to bigger soon and I'll go w/ the martini set again.

11. Ok I had a set of what the SA at Macy's called a Martini Setting. These studs were set in white gold that looked like a little martini glass....bezel set where you could only see the face/top of the stone. In really looked like a white gold martini glass.

Then I have a set of studs in a 3-prong setting that sits flatter than my old 4-prong studs. But they are not encased in a bezel setting.

Yikes...now I'm confused.

12. my martini setting does not have a cage or bezel at all.

13. I want to see the martini setting, ohhh Jaaaapsterrrrrrrr..... and while we're at it anyone want a Dirty Martini? :yes:

14. ok...the studs I bought are the Tiffany 4 prong setting. Is that ok?
    I do love Tiffany diamonds and that is their classic earrings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice