Flat brass 2002 season 3, please come in and comment ladies

May 19, 2006
Is this really different from what the flatbrass you girls see normally? The tassles are supposed to split, and the leather is similar to other bags from the same season, and the condition is almost mint. I got comment that it is the worst bbag ever, I am confused :confused1: I think it is beautiful and it even has the original shoulder strap!

Please comment ladies, I need some feedback :idea:

balenciaga_flatbrass_first_1.jpg

balenciaga_flatbrass_first_2.jpg

balenciaga_flatbrass_first_3.jpg

balenciaga_flatbrass_first_13.jpg

balenciaga_flatbrass_first_4.jpg

Your bag is gorgeous - if someone bought it, and they are now saying it, they are suffering from (1) buyer's remorse because they couldn't afford the bag in the first place; (2) they are psycho; or (3) they are a PITA.

Thank you for the nice comments beauxgoris, twiggers and erica1451, I feel so much better :heart: I got very upset too because I think she is beautiful. But thought maybe I should post here to ask for comments because I might have odd standard from everyone else :shame: The leather is probably not as good as beauxgoris's first season, but I do think all the flatbrass from season 3 have similar leather. I have had other flatbrass before and never got such harsh comment :crybaby: But I am glad I am not the only one who thinks she is a beauty :yahoo:

the season 3, '02 have unique leather. It is hard to describe. It has a dryer, papery (almost?) feeling. Not bad, just not like other seasons. It is far more durable than the 03's and up. It is very tough and difficult to scuff. I've owned two, a black and caramel (tabac?).

One thing that significantly changes the texture of the leather is Lubriderm. I massaged the bag many times with unscented Lubriderm, and the leather became soft and silky, much like more typical Bal leathers.

Attachments

• 02carahang.jpg
    02carahang.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 02carahang2.jpg
    02carahang2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 140
  • fbfront.jpg
    fbfront.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 168
  • fbhanging.jpg
    fbhanging.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 223
Thank you hmwe46, pluiee for the support, and sunspark for the pictures!! Your flatbrass are beautiful! They are very very similar to mine, I have not treated it with anything so it still has the original leather feel, wich is like you described unique to the season :love:

It's true F/W '02, third season, leather is somewhat misunderstood. The leather is very cool though, highly distressed but very durable and unique.
I had one and always felt like a rock star carrying it...I miss it :crybaby:

Plus, the handles have more reinforcement so they don't get as wonky as the first and second season handles tended to.
Burukogepanda, you have a lovely FBF bag ;)

02_black_fbf_me.jpg