Flandrin vs. Kensington Tote

Strep2031

O.G.
May 25, 2013
For anyone that debated betwewn the Flandrin and Kensington tote, which handbag did you choose and why? Are they basically the same handbag with the exception of the leather trim on the Flandrin and gold plate?

I chose the Noir Flandrin. I love the contrast of the leather against the Mono canvas plus I have the Mews and a DE NF. I believe the dimensions are slightly different. I really love the Kensington as well but I knew I loved the Flandrin a little bit more! You can't go wrong with either one...I carried my Flandrin a couple of weeks ago and kept thinking I love it so much I should get the Kensington too lol!

Both are practically the same layout inside. Differences highlighted in red below (what little there is, lol).
Flandrin
louis-vuitton-flandrin-monogram-canvas-handbags--M41595_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

louis-vuitton-flandrin-monogram-canvas-handbags--M41595_PM1_Interior%20view.jpg

$1,860.00
34.0 x 25.0 x 15.0 cm
( length x height x width )
Available in 3 colour options - Noir, Cherry, Bois de Rose
- Monogram coated canvas and cowhide leather exterior
- Microfiberlining
- Cowhide leather trim
- Golden colored metallic pieces
- 2 Toron handles
- Removable shoulder strap in colorful cowhide leather
- Lateral press studs
- Decorative Louis Vuitton metallic medallion
- Central zipped pocket

Kensington
louis-vuitton-kensington-damier-ebene-canvas-handbags--N41435_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

louis-vuitton-kensington-damier-ebene-canvas-handbags--N41435_PM1_Interior%20view.jpg

$1,820.00
34.0 x 26.0 x 13.0 cm
( length x height x width )
- Damier coated canvas
- Smooth cowhide leather trim
- Microfiber lining
- 2 Toron handles
- Removable shoulder strap
- Snap hook closure
- Central large zipped pocket
-
Decorative metal V signature
- 4 protective bottom studs

They're basically the same bag. And with only forty dollar price difference. Practicality-wise, given there's only one to two centimeter difference between the two, I'm not exactly sure the dimensions are a dealbreaker (unless you really need that extra itty bitty space). Visually, I find the Flandrin looks taller even though the Kensington is technically taller (possibly because of the leather corners making an illusion of height). However, the Kensington has feet while the Flandrin does not. Something worth thinking about in terms of your lifestyle and how carefree you can be with your bag.

Which are you leaning towards in terms of aesthetics? Personally, I wasn't really feeling the Flandrin when it was first released but it's definitely growing on me with its more contemporary twist on the Monogram by using coloured leather. Gives it an added dimension. The Kensington feels a tad more traditional LV. Plus, you have other colour options for the leather trim on the Flandrin.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Tough decision! Good luck! :tup:

Thank you both! I purchased the Kensington a few days ago. I chose the Kensington because of the DE print but l also love the trim of the Flandrin. The feet on the Kensington is important but not a deal breaker if I wanted to purchase the Flandrin. My husband wants me to get the Flandrin but I told him its practically the same handbag style wise but he loves the aesthetics, especially the Noir trim. I am also getting the Alma MM in DE print. I was just thinking about having a mixtureof both prints in my collection. Thanks again for the input.

Thank you both! I purchased the Kensington a few days ago. I chose the Kensington because of the DE print but l also love the trim of the Flandrin. The feet on the Kensington is important but not a deal breaker if I wanted to purchase the Flandrin. My husband wants me to get the Flandrin but I told him its practically the same handbag style wise but he loves the aesthetics, especially the Noir trim. I am also getting the Alma MM in DE print. I was just thinking about having a mixtureof both prints in my collection. Thanks again for the input.
Congrats! :flowers:

Hi, I have the same dialima between frandrin vs Kensington. One key point is the weight of the bag. Can someone tell if Frandrin is heavier than Kensington due to the cowhide leather? Tks