Flakey skin around the eye area

Corrinne

bad spellers untie!
Nov 2, 2006
I'm really not sure what to do. After I apply my concealer, it looks like the product gets caught on little tiny flakes around my eye area. I have very, very dry skin as it is, and I always use rich moisturizing products. I did some research last night and read that you can gently exfoliate the eye area with a warm wet q-tip, or a cotton ball in a gentile toner. I tried this, very gently, and it really didnt do much. I dont like to pull or tug on my eye area at all, and I'm cautious about how to exfoliate this skin without causing damage. My makeup looks cakey, even though I dont wear much.
My current eye cream is Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream and its... ok. I have tried them ALL (from drugstore to La Mer) and cant seem to find one that works well for a long time. Nothing seems to hydrate well enough, or gets rid of these little flakes. Does anybody have any suggestions?? TIA!!

I have this issue (it just recently popped up - getting old I guess lol) and the ONLY cream that helped me was L'Occitane's Ultra Rich Face cream. They also have an eye cream but I actually use the face cream all over including my eye area. This is the only thing that works for me. If I try to switch back to an eye cream, the flakes/dryness come back.

Recently, I purchased some make-up from Lancome and it included a GWP that has their new eye cream in. I decided to try and and after a week, the flakey/dry eye area skin came back! I immediately went back to L'Occitane, and it was gone in about 2 days.

Good luck! I know what you mean when the make-up gets caught in the flakes - UGHH!!!!

I have this problem too, it's so frustrating! I have been removing my eye makeup and concealer w/ a warm wet face cloth and gentle cleanser. It really helps exfoliate the flakes away.
My eye cream is Cetaphil cream (in the tub) and I've recently added in coconut oil at night.

Thanks ladies! Last night I washed my face and gently used a washcloth around my eye area. I was as gentile as possible doing this, but it really needed to be done. When I was moisturizing before bed, I applied a little argan oil around the area, let it absorb while moisturizing the rest of my face, then applied my eye cream. When I woke up this morning, I noticed how soft my eye area was - my makeup went on much smoother and looks so much better. I'm also going to try this with coconut oil, which I already have in my cabinet.
Thank you for the suggestions!!

OP, I have been using Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm, and it works great for me. I have tried the Hydrating Eye Cream and found it to be much less rich. The Extra Eye Balm has definitely helped me with flakies around the eye - hope this helps!

OP, I have been using Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm, and it works great for me. I have tried the Hydrating Eye Cream and found it to be much less rich. The Extra Eye Balm has definitely helped me with flakies around the eye - hope this helps!
hmm maybe I'll get a sample to try out. I usually really like BB skincare products, which is why I was surprised about being a bit disappointed in the Hydrating Eye Cream. Thanks for the tip!