Flag this message Unauthorized access to my PayPal account-help!

alison_k88

Apr 11, 2009
so.. i recently received this email from paypal
***********000000]Dear PayPal member,

We recently noticed more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.

If you accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

However, if you are the rightful holder of the account, please visit PayPal as soon as possible to verify your identity:
so.. when i click to verify, it takes me to a page that wants me to enter my cc info again. i'm not sure i want to do this if someone is accessing my account!
anyone been in this situation before?
HELP!

[/COLOR]

The email is a "phishing" email. They send them out, pretending to be Paypal, and their sites look almost identical. They try to hijack your paypal account and banking information by getting your password and other information. Hopefully you can change your password before any real damage is done. Just make sure to keep a close eye on it, and get ahold of a paypal rep asap.

That might not be a bad idea, until your sure you're "safe"

And I cannot get to the PP AU website from US, Alison, sorry. Forward the emails to [email protected] ASAP and wait for a reply. In the meantime, click the CONTACT US on PP and keep calling whatever phone #'s they provide.
Don't panic, as changing the password usually is sufficient.... as long as you did NOT provide any info when you clicked the email link. But, do keep trying to call.

ok. i just called paypal. and hopefully i managed to change the password before any real damage was done. you guys have been so helpful! thanks a million. fingers crossed nothing bad happens