Fjord in black?

BlueParrot

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
Does anyone have experience with fjord leather in black? I am thinking of a Birkin in either Fjord or Togo. I sort of like Fjord but think it may look "washed out" and may be too rigid. I like a little slouch. What color or colors is Fjord best in?

I have a black Fjord Bolide. I love the Fjord leather. In black, it reminds me a bit of the color of asphalt. Compared with Clemence and Togo:

Attachments

• fjordtogoclemence1s.jpg
    fjordtogoclemence1s.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 233
I don't have black fjord I have gold fjord and I looooovvveeeeee it I don't have it but I have seen it and considered it ,and it's very very pretty the texture is wonderful,ranags bolide says it all the only thing is it may look a little more like a deep Deep grey or a less intense black because of the texture it has this in my opinion or my perception.
I looooove it though! But it may not be as intense the black on T.C or Togo hope it helps darling.birkel.

Black fjord is gorgeous. It is very dark, matte, and velvet-like. It is wonderful to the touch. I love how it is so durable and you don't have to baby your bag. IMO, there is nothing else out there like it. It is not real slouchy, but there is give to it. It is also fine in the rain. As for weight, mine is very light. I think it all depends when the bag was made. Years back fjord was heavier, but mine is quite light. I don't feel you would be disappointed with fjord.

Totally I have had and have my good share of H bags and my everyday 40 cm gold fjord is like new I would say in terms of durability it's number 1 in the Hermes catalog. But I also have to say I kind of love swift and T.C for slouchiness just as a note ,hope it helps.birkel.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I think swift is less durable than fjord so, although I love the slouchiness of swift. It sounds like fjord is really sturdy and that is good because this would be a workhorse bag but I am concerned that the Fjord black may look grey, not black. Is togo durable in a Birkin?

If you are not going fjord and I truly do feel that the black is not as deep as it is on other leathers then I think I would go T.C ,hope it helps darling !

P.s I only mentioned swift because its the one effect that I wish my fjord could have but in grainy stronger leathers And in black I have to say T.C or fjord , best .birkel.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I think swift is less durable than fjord so, although I love the slouchiness of swift. It sounds like fjord is really sturdy and that is good because this would be a workhorse bag but I am concerned that the Fjord black may look grey, not black. Is togo durable in a Birkin?

Fjord in black does not look gray when you see it in person. It is not a jet black however KWIM? I have found Togo to be durable as well, but it is not as scratch resistant as fjord IMHO.