fix gold colored zipper

blah956

Aug 16, 2009
DFW
i searched the forum and the popular solution is wax paper.

however, i do not have any and do not really need any other than for this zipper on my hailey.

i tried candle wax which helps the zipper but upon unzipping and re-zipping, it "wears off" and stops working.

any alternative solutions that work?

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Happy town
wax paper is the safest method....wd40 on a cuetip works but you have to be super careful. is it at all in the way your closing the bag with hailey the zipper tends to be wavy. i grab one end tipping the bag a bit sideways then zip it shut it straightens out the zipper first.

blah956

Aug 16, 2009
DFW
it gets stuck in the same spot where it curves. towards the end of the zipper closure. even when straightening it out, it gets stuck.

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Happy town
hmmm when I tip mine a bit it straightens out.. would you conside going in and showing it to them that seems a bit off to me it should zip smoothly after the wax and being tipped a bit if not something not right.

blah956

Aug 16, 2009
DFW
they didn't and i didn't want another hailey. they showed me others but i'd say about a good half of them had the same "issue".

i did, however, go crazy at coach and macys buying TONS of stuff! :yahoo:

blah956

Aug 16, 2009
DFW
the thing was, even if you straightened it out, it would still get stuck!

it ended up working out though. another woman wanted a dark brown hailey (the only one instore would be the one i was returning).

the bag had apparently gone on extra markdown so she didn't seem to mind it.