FIT! fashion institute of technology in nyc- did anyone go there?

skb31

Mar 24, 2008
ok so im in high school, and i want to major in fashion. FIT is one of the most famous fashion schools, and going to FIT would be a dream for me. so i was just wondering how is the school like? how are the dorms...and how many years can you live in the dorms? anymore advise will be great! and a reminder i live out of state, so it would be out of state tuition. from what i can see, it doesnt cost an overly huge amount of money

I don't go here but know people that do. If you want to do fashion design then I see it as a must but if you're interested in other areas then you would be ok at another school. The dorms are decent and it's much easier for out of state students to get housing then in state students so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Everyone that I know who goes there loves it.

That's competitive as well but not as much as fashion design. Make sure your grades are good, you have some extracurriculars, and write a good essay. Also, if you have any type of work experience related to fashion or anything impressive I would include a resume and even your picture. It helps you stand out. Good luck!