Fishy Stuff at Neiman Marcus?

Hi Everyone,

OK...I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this--

For the second time, I found a pair of shoes on nm.com that was significantly and I mean significantly marked up from everywhere else. The first time was a pair of boots that was $715 on NM and about $660 everywhere else. Yesterday, I noticed some sandals that were $495 everywhere else and $650!!!! on NM. I did a live chat asking if they would price match and they said, "no." Then I asked why their prices were so much higher and they said they didn't have that information.

Those are big markups...do they really need to get even that much more money from their customers?:evil:

I know what you're talking about. When I was shopping for a pair of Frye boots last year, the retail price of it everywhere else was $280, but NM.com had the exact same shoe for $320. And tax/shipping adds up quickly as well. I ended up buying it through Zappos.com w/no tax and free shipping. I was pretty disgusted when I saw that.

i noticed the same thing on a burberry jacket from a few seasons past........saks had it for like $25 less than neiman marcus from what i recall......i really didn't understand the markup

OK - One for the little guy (girl)! I don't know if it's a coincidence, or what...but, I just went onto NM.com again this morning, and they lowered the price to $475! Can you believe it? I wonder what happened?

My experience was even more disappointing...I saw a Luella bag online at a certain price...when I called the local Neiman Marcus it had a different price. I said, "why is that"? The SA could not answer. (I should add the online price was higher) So, the story goes...the local store did not have the item and she could get it from halfway across the U.S. and send it to me free of charge. Too funny. If I purchased online the charge for shipping was outrageous. That whole thing was strange...two different prices and higher online??

shopper_girl8 said:
Hi Everyone,

OK...I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this--

For the second time, I found a pair of shoes on nm.com that was significantly and I mean significantly marked up from everywhere else. The first time was a pair of boots that was $715 on NM and about $660 everywhere else. Yesterday, I noticed some sandals that were $495 everywhere else and $650!!!! on NM. I did a live chat asking if they would price match and they said, "no." Then I asked why their prices were so much higher and they said they didn't have that information.

Those are big markups...do they really need to get even that much more money from their customers?:evil:

I question why Gerard Darel bags are more expensive at Bergdorf Goodman (A NM subsidiary) than other places.

I guess they have to make up their rewards prizes somewhere. :evil:

NM.com and NM, the mortar and brick store, are two completely separate corporate entities... I think that causes the price difference. The .com may have more "pressure" to sell or to make a particular profit margin. To be honest, they don't seem to be very familiar with the products that they offer online.