Fishing for a partial Refund I think...

luvmycloset

Apr 2, 2008
I sold an item recently and heard nothing from the buyer for about a week after having recieved it, no feedback etc. Well now she is telling me that it was damaged upon recieving it, no pictures or anything sent with this claim. I assumed she wanted a refund, although she never really said it she just said it was damaged, and there are pics in my auction of the area she claims is damaged, showing no damage. But I have learned you can't fight buyers remorse so I just wrote back and said if you want to return for a refund please let me know, I will refund minus shipping. She replies back and says that she has recieved a repair quote and if I could just pay for the repairs that she would gladly keep it, no refund necessary and gives me her paypal addy to send the $$ for the repair to. The repair quote she allegedly got is over half of what she paid me for the bag! Further more I'm not even aware of this brand even offering repair services. I wrote back and said no I would not pay for repairs, that if I sent her a damaged bag (which I didnt) that I would feel better about the whole thing if she just returned it. I think she's fishing for a partial refund, but I'm not taking the bait. I am tired of buyers trying to screw me over with these lies.

I agree, I woud just say that the bag wasn't damaged when you sent it out and she should send you pictures showing you the damage and ask her if the package it came in was damaged in anyway. You should also refer her specifically to the pictures in your listing.
See what she says to that and if she still persists, push again for the full refund option.

The nerve of some people. If she opens up a claim I would fight it, especially since you have photos of the area that she claims are damaged. It definitely sounds like she's fishing to get some money back considering she doesn't want a full refund but I would let that be her only option.

I would not give into this blackmail at all!!! You were generous to say she could send back for full refund. If you know it was not damaged at all, ask her to send you pictures of the damage? You could probably just resell it and not lose over half your profits to her estimated "repairs." If the package was damaged in transit, she should send you the damaged packaging so you can take that up with the carrier - was it USPS? That is why you have insurance.

Agreed... ask for photos of the damage, as well as a copy of the repair bid.
And advise that if item arrived damaged, you may need to file an INS claim if you purchased INS when shipped.

Was it insured? You could always tell her the damage must have occurred during shipping, so she should please hold onto the packaging because the PO will want that to investigate the insurance claim. If she's fibbing, that might change her mind.

Oops! I see that Ellie Mae already suggested that. :smile:

Last edited:
Was it insured? You could always tell her the damage must have occurred during shipping, so she should please hold onto the packaging because the PO will want that to investigate the insurance claim. If she's fibbing, that might change her mind.

Oops! I see that Ellie Mae already suggested that. :smile:

:lol: Great minds....;):tup:

I would ask her to save all packing materials as you can file a claim if it was

damaged in transit and what exactly did she say was the damage?

I wouldn't let her think you are going to give in so willingly..

I just want to add that I really would not send her money as she requested via Paypal but not as a refund. She could easily file a claim after you would have send her the money and ask for an "official" refund too.