Firstie post!!! Just got the large khaki sabrina :-D but a rant about coach...

TriciaD

Tricia Deillo
Mar 4, 2010
I FINALLY found the large khaki madison sabrinar it and I couldn't be happier. I never understood why I waited so long, bag that I should have bought two years ago when it came out! I paid 300 but I finally found it nonetheless :smile:

I don't mean to offend anyone so please do not be offended...

But I wanted to ask, is it just me or is a majority of the coach collection really ugly? I can't understand the whole "poppy" bright color graffiti craze and I'm 21! I can understand some designs in bright colors but that gawdd awful scribble bright colored coach writing on a bag?! heck no! Do people really craze over these designs? Or the floppy bags like the brooke? It just doesn't say "I''m different from the 60 dollar random bags on the macy's clearance racks"

Also I cannot believe my "soon to be" mother in law purchased this horrible horrible 80 dollar coin purse that had a PRINTED chain on it... not even a real chain.. it was printed! Just because it said "coach" she loves it?! I remember my friend bringing me back a leather coin purse from mexico that was the same size for ONE PESO! She just spent 80 dollars on something uglier!? 80 is not "much" but it's "much" to carry around your change I would think! For it's size, lack of use, and downright ugliness I gagged when she walked back into the store to purchase it. Why not just do something more worth while with your change than put it in an ugly pink painted chain printed coin purse?

And then the outlets with their noses tucked high that when an obvious reseller comes around all they can do is make snide comments and limit their purchase. This is HILARIOUS because the store would have made the *same* amount of money in a LONGER time span without the reseller buying 20 purses in one day! I can see how the company has established it's sucess with this being one of their... points.. but common! It's no more than Macys or Nordstroms to me in quality of items.

It's a pedestrian company with a huge ego, and it annoys me. Am I super wrong?

But I have my bag and I'm happy. :smile: I've only owned two coach OP handbags so far, about 5 of their watches, and one or two pony tail ties but if I saw the same item sold at my grocery store I'd like it just as much.

Am I nuts?

thank goodness pple have different tastes thats all i have to say
what people are willing or unwilling to pay is up to them?

a lot of people don't like op art/signature compared to leather here.. we all find ourselves on the opposite side when it comes to 'good taste' every now and then

staying true to what you like is the main thing
and also, maybe not judge others too harshly. it is their choice and if they are happy then let them be. (you can have your opinion but you should also recognize other people's POV/stance.)

:confused1:

All I can say is Coach backs 100% of their items- It doesn't matter to me if they even have a "huge ego" and how can they if stand behind their items?

Each person has their own taste- All it matters is what YOU LIKE.

Welcome to tPF! :smile:

Last edited:
Wow you are very opinionated! I think that people all like different styles.... in every brand. There are LV's that I wouldn't be caught dead with.... and alot of juicy is a walking billboard for the brand. I don't know. I don't love poppy but some of it is cute.... if you are referring to the jewel toned wallets and minis with the chain on the front, I love those. I think they are cute.
I think that everybody has a right to their own opinion, yet it's wrong to judge too harshly also....

:confused1:

Each person has their own taste- All it matters is what YOU LIKE.

That is 100% true! I forgot about the spectrum about the "to all his own" thinking. I guess if we all liked the same thing it would get boring, oh shame on me for close minded thinking. I still have my own opinion as do others I guess!!!!

It is just amazing still to me about the whole coin purse dilemma :-P
Common, a printed on chain?! lol golly

But, I'm glad I got my sabrina. I'm going back to pick out a madison carryall in leather... but those crazy graffiti things blow my mind.

It's ok, of course, I just happen to love both the Poppy and the Jewel stuff so I took it a little personally. I gotta remember not to do that! LOL. Welcome to TPF by the way.

That is 100% true! I forgot about the spectrum about the "to all his own" thinking. I guess if we all liked the same thing it would get boring, oh shame on me for close minded thinking. I still have my own opinion as do others I guess!!!!

It is just amazing still to me about the whole coin purse dilemma :-P
Common, a printed on chain?! lol golly

But, I'm glad I got my sabrina. I'm going back to pick out a madison carryall in leather... but those crazy graffiti things blow my mind.

you're still close minded! :tdown:

Your mindset hasn't changed at all! You were bashing in your first post and you're still bashing now. So much for the 'spectrum'

Welcome, and congrats on your Sabrina! There are plenty of Coach styles I don't like, but that's a good thing because if I liked everything Coach made my wallet would be in big trouble :P I do love that Coach keeps coming out with new styles and colors and patterns, that's part of the fun even if it's not a style I personally like.

Well, you know that old saying...opinions are like ********, everyone has one.

But, I think you tapped into one of the reasons Coach isn't so "pedestrian"...Coach creates collections, not just staples. Not everyone will like every product from every collection. But the glory of Coach is that once that collection has expired, a new collection will come. It may be more to your liking, it may not...but you'll have new options when the time comes.