First World Problem - Adding to Love stack

lovecartier

Jun 16, 2008
Hi kids,

I almost feel funny posting about this given all that is going on in the world, but this does seem to be the forum. May I just start by saying I am tremendously grateful to be healthy and safe and I wish the same for all of you at this difficult time.

I picked up a pavé love bracelet this past spring (full size, yellow gold) and love it. However, I've always found three bracelets annoying, so I didn't like wearing it with my 4 and 10 diamond regular sized Loves. I felt like they took away from each other. I tried wearing it with the 10 diamond one but I still didn't feel like it was quite right - the diamonds on the 10 diamond kind of disappeared in the shuffle. The disparity in thickness also felt strange to me. I've since sold those two bracelets and now only have the pave.

I'm now considering adding the plain yellow gold Love (which I've owned previously, I've got to stop selling things I might want again). Maybe I should just leave this one that I have alone and stop trying to add things, not sure. This does not solve the thickness disparity (the pave is thicker), but it might handle the diamond thing.

If any of you have the plain and the pavé paired like I'm considering (regular size, same color), I'd love to see photos. Please note that I don't really want a clou at this time, and I don't want a thin love either.

I've attached some photos of what I wasn't digging previously so you can see. Many thanks!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_2911.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

These are exactly the 2 reasons why I do not like the reg Pavé: too thick and it eclipses everything else (even if the weird Swiss SAs tried to sell me that, did I mention I do not like Cartier in Zurich? :biggrin:). Just doesn't fit with anything else but another reg Pavé.

Therefore I went with 2 small Pavés which fit much nicer and you may move them around and in between the other Love stack. Being so glad that I restrained from getting the reg one. Having said that I would get rid of the reg Pavé and buy a nice and matching Love stack. Sure, not the answer you are looking for. Just my opinion.

btw love your Massai ring :love:

Hmm. So what is it about stacking with the pave that you like? I see you say what you don’t like, but I think figuring out what you’re trying to accomplish with the stack and if that will outweigh the uncertainty?
I’m not sure I worded that correctly lol.

I would never sell that pave ~ To me that’s a keeper no matter what! Since you have already sold the other 2 (if I read that correctly) a plain love could look nice in addition to the pave, definitely worth a try.

Such a great stack!! I'm thinking of adding the pave love..how are you liking it?

I love it, but it does become dominant and you have to see if it will fit in with what you have. Thus my issue. The stack no longer exists - I sold the others.

Hmm. So what is it about stacking with the pave that you like? I see you say what you don’t like, but I think figuring out what you’re trying to accomplish with the stack and if that will outweigh the uncertainty?
I’m not sure I worded that correctly lol.
Hi, nice to see you! I think I get your point - like, why do I want to stack it, and how would this be much different than what wasn't working? Well, yeah. Wondering if I should consider a rose gold one for the contrast so it doesn't seem like I was trying to match them? White gold too stark. I just miss having the classic love, but if I had to pick one or the other I think I would keep the pave. Probably
I would never sell that pave ~ To me that’s a keeper no matter what! Since you have already sold the other 2 (if I read that correctly) a plain love could look nice in addition to the pave, definitely worth a try.
You've got it right! Let's see how it looks when I go to store appt later this week. Wish someone had pics of this.

Drake seems to have tried it. However I am not as hot as Drake so my big arms wouldn't distract from any disproportionate.

B3613EA5-116E-4DC2-8114-D43D619E2843.jpeg

I always think the full size pavé looks best paired with another full size pavé (in another gold color - it’s one of the times I think mixing gold looks appropriate).

Retired professional tennis player, Anna Kournikova, wears this pairing perfectly - YG & WG contrast.

It’s one of my favorite stacks and quite possibly the ultimate stack in my opinion.

I always think the full size pavé looks best paired with another full size pavé (in another gold color - it’s one of the times I think mixing gold looks appropriate).

Retired professional tennis player, Anna Kournikova, wears this pairing perfectly - YG & WG contrast.

It’s one of my favorite stacks and quite possibly the ultimate stack in my opinion.

would do it in rose, but need to be able to retire someday!!

Reactions: Chaton
I think it looks great on its own. The things you didn’t like about the others won’t change with the plain stacked. The four diamond is practically plain and you didn’t like that stacked with the pave. Include the fact that you already sold a plain too. So you have sold three love bracelets total. I think you have the one and it is magnificent. Enjoy it as is!

Reactions: lovecartier