First Wallet and Bag Purchase... Help!

shopkins725

Apr 22, 2014
I am looking to make my first Louis bag and wallet purchase. I have the Keepall Bandouiere 60 in monogram, and an older briefcase in monogram that were both given to me by my father. Other than that, I have no LV experience. I usually carry mid-priced bags like Tory Burch, Kate Spade, etc.

When I first started looking, I was so into the Damier Azur pieces, but now I'm not sure if i should just stick with the classic monogram. I wear a lot of black, so im thinking the monogram might be better for my wardrobe, plus ive seen a lot of people with the azur that have dark marks from wear... i would be so devastated! But i do love the azur print.

So as far as the style, I was really into the galleria (i know its discontinued), metis, sofi, artsy, and sully. Depending on the price point of the bag I choose, I will either by new, or a pre-loved one in great condition. But I really dont know anything about these bags as far as practicality and comfort. Once I started researching, I saw the neverfull mm, and that seems to be the go-to bag.

As far as wallets go, I was automatically thinking zippy, because I usually use zipping wallets. However, I saw a youtube review of the insolite, and that looks amazing as well.

So basically I am clueless, and would like whatever input you can give and your reasoning behind it. Thank you, and I'm so sorry for the long post! :P

My advice is to go into the store and try on anything and everything you think you might want. Wear something you'd normally wear so that you can see what works best with your wardrobe. But really, trying them on and playing with them is the best way to decide what works for you and what doesn't. Good luck!

My advice is to go into the store and try on anything and everything you think you might want. Wear something you'd normally wear so that you can see what works best with your wardrobe. But really, trying them on and playing with them is the best way to decide what works for you and what doesn't. Good luck!

Agree 100%. I've been torn between things that I've seen online and then gone into the store and found that one (or even both) aren't my style and I end up with someone completely different.
I have to say, though, I got the Insolite recently and I absolutely adore it. It's a fantastic wallet, and even have the Insolite Coin Purse size. But really, it's all about your style. :smile:

I saw the insolite wallet at the store a couple of days ago (I was interested in the DA one). I was shocked by the size. I didn't think it was going to be that big. It was just too big for me.

I like the Damier Ebene print with dark clothes. I'd say definitely DE or Mono. For the bag style? Like someone posted, if you can, try the styles at a store for the same reasons posted.

The insolite wallets are great!! I don't own one, but seeing them in person made me want one!!!

I saw the insolite wallet at the store a couple of days ago (I was interested in the DA one). I was shocked by the size. I didn't think it was going to be that big. It was just too big for me.
It is pretty big, but I actually just purchased a pre-loved one online :smile: I like how you can use it as a clutch too.

Agree to go and try bags on and then rule them out. Out of your listing, I vote either Metis( if your ok with the price point) or the NF. Love DE print, but I personally think they both go great with dark colors. If you look at the NF, you should look at the Neo NF's and see the different interior colors. I'm fond of the mimosa color interior, but that's just me. The NF in DE has red interior that is beautiful also. Just go try them on and rule them out one by one. Same with wallets.