first vs. day

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am making my first b bag purchase.
    Please help me to choose the right design.
    I am debating either white first or white day hobo

I want something that is versatile and it will go with any outfit.

thanks! :heart:

2. i prefer the day over the first because the day can hold more things...but that is just imo

3. I AGREE. :tup:

4. I also prefer the Day coz it holds a lot more. Then again I am not a small bag person.

5. The First is a really cute little bag. I thnk it's a bag that can go from day to evening quite easily. The First is also really cute with dresses.

That said, I am 5'10" and find the First WAY to small for me. I prefer the day for the same reasons others said.

I think you should try them both on to see what works for you.

I am curious about the color though--why white? With Bal having so many lovely color choices, I'm wondering why you're not considering another color?

6. I prefer the Day as the First is too small. To me, the First is more of an additional Bal in a collection.

7. #7 Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    i loveee the day but i hoping to get a first too. it'll be a good night bag when i dont want to carry too many things. :smile: the day is more of a casual day bag in IMO

8. I also prefer the Day over the First. Have you considered getting a City?

9. The First really won't hold much at all. The Day is more useful but is a very slouchy bag and your stuff will tend to fall into a heap in the base. I agree with thought that the City would be a better first B-bag.

Why White? Are you aware that some white B-bags have a tendency to turn yellow? They are also pretty hard to keep clean. Isn't this going to limit the use of your first bag?

10. I prefer the day, too. For me it's almost the perfect size, and it goes over my shoulder so comfortable. When I carry the day it's always by hand, or with the handles over my arm, because I just don't fine the shoulder strap comfortable. So it's more my night out bag, or I'll carry it if I'm going for brunch or dinner.

11. I love my black Day - perfectly comfortable, great slouch! I faint :faint: at the thought of a white bag though, especially if it were my first and only Bal - I know mine would be filthy or eventually yellow and I would be so sad :crybaby:!

12. Why white? Bal has so many colors!

13. Is this gonna be your everyday bag? Or is it an nice addition to your bag collection?

If you're using it everyday, I would recommend the day cos it can take quite a lot of stuff.

If you want a bal classic, first gets my vote. It's the cutest bag in the entire collection in my opinion!

14. thank you everyone! this is so hard..
    I am just looking for a summer bag.. and I am not a big color person...
    I will consider city ,,, I guess that will be a good choice for my first b bag :yes:

15. I agree that the day is a go and the first is an added purchase. Also, for me I feel a white in the day would be pretty and go for a color in the first. I am