first vs. city??

laura8924

Jul 14, 2008
I'm planning on buying my first balenciaga and I can't decide between the first and the city. I like the idea of the first because it can go from day to night, although its a little small for a daytime bag. I've seen people wearing the city out at night but I have a pretty small frame (5'6'' and size 0) so I'm worried it will look silly on me or be too annoying to lug around. If I get the city I would really like to get it in white, but is that too much of a summer color? I got to college in Montreal and its winter most of the school year and I want to be able to get use out of it. If I get the first I would like to get something with a pop of color, maybe purple or red. Please share opinions on what would be best as a first balenciaga purchase (as i may not be able to purchase another for a while)!
Thanks!

Well, I love both styles but you are right, the First may be a little small for a daytime bag. The City is a perfect size, and it won't be too big for you. About getting it in white: personally, I wouldn't, as light bags have a tendency to get dirty really quickly. So for your first bag, I would go for something in a darker colour which you won't have to worry about all the time!

i'm a very short 5'7 and also a size 0, and whereas i don't own a city yet, the bag looks fine on my frame. i wouldn't worry about it! and i do recommend that you'd get a city - much more practical for everyday use.

the first bbag i bought (a day) is black. if it's your first bag, it's so nice to be able to wear it all the time without having to worry about it getting dirty - it's really versatile!

I would never get a white bag unless it is just for special occassions! Such a waste otherwise, it would get filthy! And a City is the perfect size! For day or night! I am 5'4 and I have one!

Definitely get the city, in a really popping colour so it's special. I have the Weekender in red and I use it as a day bag! You can definitely use the city for day or night.

x

I definitely suggest going for the city, too! And I would avoid white... I was in Montreal last weekend and had two nasty falls because of all the ice/snow and though my Sapphire Day survived, I don't think anything white would have. Better safe than sorry!

i'm new to bbags as well , normally post in prada, and have been

contemplating the same decision as yours, as i would also love to get my

first bbag soon.

i went to look at all of them, and i think the city in a dark colour is the

best option to start with. i'm 5"3 and it looks good in that size, not too

small and not to big.

after that purchase, i would love to get a brief as well.... love the shape.

The City is a great size for everyday and definitely wouldn't look too big on you. Once it's broken in it will slouch and sit really nicely and it looks great whether relatively empty or full. I would go for black - safe as it is, it really is a classic and you'd never get sick of it.

I love the look of the first and have several but really can only get away with using it when I'm just carrying the bare essentials. If you do get a first, a pop color definitely looks amazing. Good luck with your decision. You really can't go wrong either way :smile: